Sunday, February 20, 2022

6 dishes

On Sunday 20.feb.22, we went out to buy bread and lunch for the Elderlies and also food for ourselves.

As we have remaining plain cooked rice from Saturday and Friday, we just buy 6 dishes from the economy rice stall at Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop at MYR 18 nett: egg tofu, soyknot, petai minced meat, kung Po chicken cubes, broccoli and cauliflower vege dish and brinjal.

Summary of all the food we bought:
Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop
1. Economy rice stall 6 dishes MYR 18
2. Beef wanton Mee dry x 2 MYR 17
We gave one pack to the Elderlies for their lunch.
3. 3jc mihun x 2 MYR 15
We gave one pack to the Elderlies for their lunch.

Sing Kee Kitchen coffee shop
1. 2x2 siew baos and 2 egg tarts MYR 13.20 
We gave 2 siew Baos to the Elderlies for their teatime snack

Pak kopi food truck
1. Cham cold drink MYR 3.90
2. 3 layer coffee jelly cold drink MYR 5.90

Price has been lowered from the previous time I took this photo.

The rain just stopped so we bought back kut teh delivery to be sent directly to the Elderlies.

6 pm - we shared this beef wanton noodles for dinner from a stall in Tuck Tuck Tei Tasty so I may buy it again.

12 comments:

  1. U didn't use voucher for the BKT order? Now FP has voucher for teatime & dinner too😀...with better discount than 'brunch'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I ordered after 5 pm, all the vouchers were fully redeemed for the day. Sad.

      Delete
  2. Didn't know that there is beef wan ton mee. Guess it is only natural right since we have chicken. But I think the pork version is still the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I also like to tapau dishes from economy rice and cook rice at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, can rest from cooking by buying the dishes.

      Delete
  4. If there is economy rice for dinner, I wouldn't mind buying the dishes. Very seldom can get beef wanton noodle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of a few economy rice stalls serving dinner but I seldom go out in the evening. I know of two stalls selling beef brisket wanton noodles.

      Delete
  5. I like all the 6 dishes that you tapau. Whenever I see that brinjal dish, I cannot resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I like to eat brinjal ytf and brinjal dishes.

      Delete
  6. Good collection of dishes from the economy rice stall. I seldom go out and tapau so on those rare occasions will be attracted by more uncommon food like noodles. Should look at the chap farn stalls more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the better economy stall that I know of.

      Delete