Monday, July 1, 2019

WG Ganga Cafe Seapark

On 12 Jun 2019, we read this news article that The Ganga Cafe (Vegetarian cafe) in Bangsar (same location as Baba Low's Nyonya Eatery) has opened an outlet in Seapark, PJ (same location as Weng Wah eatery) and last week, 7 of us had lunch there. Light Thali at MYR 9 nett with 2 vegetable dishes, 1 dhal curry, 1 papadum, and brown rice.

Standard Thali set at MYR 11 nett with 3 vege dishes, 2 types of curry (dhal curry and vegetarian fish curry), 1 papadum, and brown rice.

Another Light Thali at MYR 9 nett. My friend requested for capati instead of rice and swapped one of the vegetable dish with a tofu dish.

Vegetarian mutton murtabak at MYR 12 nett. I did not taste this but my friend says it does have the mutton taste.

Pudina Naan at MYR 7 nett. The naan is too chewy for my poor teeth.

Beetroot dosa/thosai at MYR 5 nett. I tried a bit of it. Could not taste the earthy beetroot flavour. Nice coconut dip.

Hyderabad Dum Briyani at MYR 20 nett. The portion is big enough for 2 regular eaters. The yogurt dip is sourish so it is refreshing. It is only slightly spicy unless you bite on a peppercorn or dried chili.

Vegetable Briyani at MYR 16 nett. The portion is also as large as the previous briyani dish but much more spicy. 
Avocado Lassi at MYR 11 nett. I requested for totally non-sweet but the lassi served was sweet and the manager changed it to a non-sweet lassi when he got my feedback so the service is good. I like this drink so I will order it again.

Total price is MYR 116.50 nett for 7 pax. An average of  MYR 17 per pax so the price is quite acceptable for lunch. All of us like what we had so we will be back for more.

Storefront - same row as Weng Wah, Seapark, PJ.

16 comments:

  1. I want to try that vegetarian mutton murtabak, I wonder if I can drink the avocado lassi as I have lactose intolerance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should be able to. Perhaps drink a bit to try and increase bit by bit..

      Delete
  2. Never tried Indian vegetarian but I sure would love to try the beetroot thosai. Murtabak looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have ate a bit of the murtabak that day.

      Delete
  3. I have yet to try Indian vegetarian food. I am sure it is very tasty with all the spices that I won't miss meat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very flavourful so I am sure you will like it.

      Delete
  4. Brown rice is healthier alternative. But I have not try Indian vwgetarian food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Indian food. Everything looks so delicious. Too bad this place is not in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks better than the BMS version of vegetarian. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More flavourful with lots of different spices.

      Delete
  7. I love that big grains of Hyderabad Dum Briyani. They are nicely cooked to my liking. Lassi is also my favourite smoothies.

    ReplyDelete