Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Special October Food

For the month of September 2016, Nana's special food is Keema Curry Udon at MYR23.90 nett. For this month, it is Soboro Ankake Omelette Rice at the same price as last month's food. Soboro means minced chicken meat. Ankake seems to mean sauce thickened with starch or a dish prepared with a starch-based sauce.

Minced Chicken sauteed with Shimeiji mushrooms and carrot with thick sauce with a special fried rice topped with an omelette. I won't be ordering this dish because I don't like thick sauce and the omelette in the photo above looks too runny for me.

20 comments:

  1. I don't think I will like this dish too, too much sauce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm total opposite of you. I love thick sauce and runny eggs. Ooooooo yums! I feel like eating this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of what they called Japanese rice at one place that I blogged about here, was nice but no, I don't think I would want a second round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating this in small portion is ok...a bit more will feel 'jelak'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. I will go for the 2nd dish. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one dish here. Both photos show the same dish.

      Delete
  6. It looks like quite a filling dish with the omelette and mushrooms. But too saucy for me. Would be better with noodles?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probably it will be better with noodles. I don't like thick sauce with rice and I prefer omelette to be a drier version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks filing...I like omurice, but I seldom find a good one...I tink the original would have runny texture as the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly, I like that yummy Minced Chicken sauteed with Shimeiji mushrooms, judging from the photo. Sometimes I have tastes like old man's diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This dish is not an old man's meal. Anyone can like it.

      Delete
  10. Ya I wouldn't order this either. Not keen on that kind of thickened sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of us here don't like thickened sauce/gravy.

      Delete