Thursday, February 6, 2014

Different taste

Was in Penang for a quick visit and ordered the above plate of char kway teow, large portion to share (MYR8.5) with three large crunchy shrimps (I prefer non crunchy shrimps). The kway teow (rice noodles) is smoother and more chewy when compared to those noodles with more rice taste. I would say that this is the very dry version compared to those moist ones. No "wok hei" (taste of food item when stir fried in very, very hot oil) as well. Overall the taste is fine other than it being a bit too salty for me. I guess the saltiness is due to the soy sauce used when stir frying the plate of kway teow.

Shop front

10 comments:

  1. I miss Penang char kway teow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big prawns I like. Alamak...now making me kepunan...maybe have to go Brickfields to get my CKT fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the Brickfields CKT after reading your post about it. :)

      Delete
  3. As a Penangite, I seriously think it is way too expensive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is even more expensive than KL CKT.

      Delete
  4. Penang is sure famous for its char kuey teow!

    ReplyDelete