Monday, May 20, 2019

Opening when

On 12 May 2019, Sunday, I noticed that Isaac Toasts (very popular in South Korea) is going to occupy this space in the Midvalley Mall.

This space used to house Dokodemo which I mentioned in September 2018. Before that it was Uncle Tetsu Cheese Cake in 2016 and Crazy Potato before Uncle Tetsu and Dusun in 2015 before Crazy Potato. I believe Isaac Toast will not be here for very long from what I observe at their kiosk in One Utama which does not have any customers whenever I walked by.

On the same day, I also noticed that Hui Lau Shan (the famous franchise from HK that sells mainly mango desserts) has also moved away. I love to eat their mango desserts when I was in HK. When they opened their initial store in One Utama a few years back, I was disappointed because it does not taste as good so I guess that is why they closed this branch. I wonder if the branch in One Utama is still in business or not.

Hoagies is taking over. In North America, Hoagies refer to a sandwich made of a long roll filled with meat, cheese, and salad. Here, they have a branch in Nu Sentral and the reviews that I read were not that good so I guess they won't be here long either. Oh dear, before these new shops even open, I do not forsee a bright future for them at this mall. Let's wait and see.

12 comments:

  1. When one closes, another one opens. Sad that none lasts very long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many eateries competing for business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should be enough to go around if their food is good.

      Delete
  3. Always love exploring new stuff! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some restaurants can have their business last for 30 and 40 years and still thriving and sometimes their food are just the normal food items, i wonder does fengshui play a part?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many eateries being brought in from overseas these days. Strange that people make a beeline for Hui Lai Shan when in HK, then it can fail when it sets up right here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to eat the mango products of hui lau shan in hk but the items here got a bit of coconut taste mix into the mango taste so it is not nice.

      Delete