Friday, May 31, 2019

WG Watermelon Cake

The famous watermelon cake that I have wanted to try for almost 2 years at MYR 17.50++ (10% service charge and 6% SST = MYR 20.30 nett). My friend and I shared this cake. Very tasty because it is not very sweet with a layer of firm and juicy watermelon. The cake also has a light fragrance of rose and lychee pieces in the light and fluffy cream and topped with sweet grapes and sourish strawberries to give it contrast.

Update: My friend read this post and reminded me that I have eaten watermelon cake before in Roots Dessert Cafe in Penang back in 2017. To think that I have clean forgotten about it.

Iced Coffee (MYR 15.08 nett) and Hot Tea (Chamomile and Rose tea) at MYR 13.92 nett to go with the cake.

I could not make up my mind on what to eat and so just selected the salmon main dish. Pan fried crispy skin salmon with clam tomato stew with one potato croquette at MYR 45++ (MYR 52.20 nett). Tasty dish, flavourful and without MSG (because I did not get thirsty after eating this dish). Kept half of it as usual.

Total price for 2 pax is MYR 101.50 nett. I did not take photo of the menu and found this blog with photos of the menu for reference.

Naj & Belle, PAM building, Bangsar.

My friend did not order any main dish because she ate her lunch at The Good Co. that has moved to APW, Bangsar which we found out in mid-April 2019.

It occupies the top space.

Do you dare to walk up this cantilever concrete staircase? I stuck to the side of the wall as much as I could.

It has a small air-conditioned dining area so we chose to sit outside which has two tables.

We sat at the table with this concrete bench.

This is the other external table which customers have to sit cross legged on cushions on a wooden platform. When we were there, we saw two delivery staff collecting the food to be sent to customers so I guess we won't be dining in again but will order online to be delivered to us instead next time as the dining area does not seem to be conducive after the move unlike before when they were at the BON Estates building opposite Bangsar Shopping Centre.

13 comments:

  1. Don't the cake get soggy as watermelon gives out water after it is cut? I always wonder how it keeps dry. So amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. magic that the watermelon is firm and juicy, not soggy at all.

      Delete
  2. The cantilever concrete staircase looks safe as it is not very long and high, unless it is very long and high, then have to be very careful.

    The fruit cake is something I would like to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha that's because you can't see the hairline cracks in the photo.

      Delete
  3. That looks good! I've had strawberry and mango, never seen watermelon around here. My girl so loves salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very fond of watermelons and never knew they have cakes too! I am salivating now.

    Their concrete ambience and open concept is a very common sight in Seoul. But the Koreans even go further by using natural broken & dirty walls which attracted many kinky customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dirty walls reminded me of Sekeping Kong Heng in Ipoh.

      Delete
  5. I have not tasted watermelon cake. Like you, I will stick to the wall if I have to use that staircase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The staircase! I would be careful to go up and down.

    I never tasted watermelon cake before. Salmon, I like it done that way. With crispy skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No railings to hold on to either...

    ReplyDelete