Sunday, May 26, 2019

WG Snacking Lunch

We had lunch here in March 2018 where I ate Bubur Cha Cha and Bak Chang. This time I ordered deep fried wantons (a plate of 6 pieces for MYR 6.90 nett) and Sweet Potatoes Tong Sui at MYR 4.90 nett but the latter was not available so I changed it to Red Bean Tong Sui at the same price so my lunch costs MYR 11.80 nett in total. The skin of the wantons is too thin so although it is very crispy, it is too oily but the filling is tasty with a cube of crunchy jicama or water chestnut in each wanton. I won't order it again because of its oiliness. I just realise that this combination of food is similar to my lunch at Weng Wah.

My friends ordered a bowl of ABC soup at MYR 9.90 nett and a set of ginger chicken dish with rice at MYR 11.90 nett.

Close up of the ginger chicken dish which looks similar to ginger duck dish.

Total price is MYR 88.90 nett for 6 pax - an average of about MYR 14.82 per pax. This Ah Ma Kitchen eatery is one of the more popular eateries in Jaya One, PJ. It has recently expanded its dining area to accommodate more tables as it is usually full house during lunch time.

Do you like their ceiling decor? So far, the palm leaf hand fans have been fastened securely to the ceiling so none fell on us while we were having our lunch.

12 comments:

  1. I like the crunchiness of water chestnut in wantons or prawn rolls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those fans on the ceiling, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like sweet potato tong sui. Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh big no-no if the fans start falling!

    I haven't been to The School yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would enjoy simple meals like this, just ABC soup and ginger chicken.

    The ceiling is creative and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what you had. Fried wanton and tong sui will be enough for me too. Nice ceiling decoration.

    ReplyDelete