Tuesday, May 14, 2019

WG Semi-Buffet Brunch

We were looking for a place to have lunch at The Starling Mall when we saw this "All you can eat" salad bar, bottomless soup and dessert with one's chosen fixed main meal at MYR 19 nett - good value for money - so we decided to eat at this eatery.

There are 10 choices for the main dish. Which one will you order? I could not decide.

The salad bar and soup counter. The black pot contains potato soup. The middle silver container holds all the salad leaves and the last container has bread pudding as the dessert.

I start of with raw purple lettuce leaves and half a piece of bread pudding with a bit of potato soup and iced coffee which I thought is not sweetened but it was sweet so I just took a few sips and did not finish drinking it.

This is my main dish - can you guess what it is? It does not look good but tastes ok though very soft. I took another full portion of bread pudding because surprisingly I like the taste of it because it was not very sweet and it was not soggy like most bread pudding I encountered previously. Can taste the egg in this bread pudding.

Total bill for 2 pax is MYR 38 nett.

Nicsmann at The Starling Mall.

The signboard that drawn us into this eatery.

16 comments:

  1. Seems like a lot of things to eat in Startling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your main the grilled fish with tomato salsa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure looks like a classy place. Semi-buffet? Something like what Payung had once? You pick your main dish from a choice of 3 or 4, salad, desserts, free-flow drinks in the help-yourself buffet spread?

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for someone who likes to eat salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok, can eat as much raw lettuce leaves as s/he want to.

      Delete
  5. I haven't been back to this place as I was not impressed with the food :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that the food is so so only. surprisingly I like the bread pudding but that won't be the reason for going back there.

      Delete
  6. At first I was intrigued by the buffet style for dessert... but since it's only one item, not that interesting lah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's lasagna. My favourite. I can spot them from miles away. I guess my previous life I was Garfield. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wah, lasagna is your favourite dish indeed.

      Delete