Monday, May 27, 2019

WG Mama Lee

My friend suggested this place in Damansara Uptown for our lunch (same row with Village Park). Need to walk up a flight of steps.

Oh, no oink oink served here. What does the pink paper say? Seems important to stick it there.

Ah, no straws - a good effort to save the world from plastics.

We were handed the menu which is only one piece of cardboard printed front and back and told that for main dishes, the price includes a drink which we can select from 8 choices. Who would want to eat lobster nasi lemak priced at MYR 79 nett?

No free drinks for these items.

The free drinks can be chosen from item DR01 to DR08, hot or cold.

They offer buffet catering, delivery of lunch and dinner boxes too with a minimum amount.

I selected the MYR 10 nett nasi lemak chicken rendang with a glass of cold cham (coffee mix with tea) which is too much for me since there are two pieces of chicken (a drumstick and a thigh) so I kept half for my friend. Tastes good though the rice may not be coconut milky enough for those who look for very strong coconut milk fragrance for the rice. It is truly good value for money for this set.

Total price for 4 pax is MYR 35.50 nett as two friends share one main meal by ordering an extra serving of rice at MYR 2.50 nett.

16 comments:

  1. Wow..Mama Lee's food looks yummy!! I like the nasi lemak you have.. now salivating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken rendang looks gorgeous. Gee! That sign at the top of the stairs makes me think of a massage centre! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for this review. I have seen the Mama Lee signboard for ages but I was not motivated to climb the stairs. The food selections are pretty good and prices reasonable. Your nasi lemak came is such a generous portion (I like!) and with a free drink added, RM10.00 is certainly value for money. I must visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! RM79.00 for lobster choice. It makes me wonder why only from 11.00am onwards? They probably don't keep their lobster in the freezer but send the kitchen staff to Jaya Grocer at Starling? LOLOL

    I will visit this place soon as I have heard of this place too. Sometimes we need people like you to push us there! Ha ha....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the food you ordered. Good to know that some places have stopped using plastic straws, even in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonder how it affects the plastic straws manufacturers.

      Delete
  6. The portion of the nasi lemak looks good for me with a reasonable price. I have a thing about cafe located upstairs and may not be motivated to try

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good value especially when compared to Village Park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but many still prefers village park, for their bustling ambiance I guess.

      Delete
  8. Probably most people come purposely for village park. Then no eyes for anything else.

    ReplyDelete