Wednesday, May 15, 2019

WG Pasta Soba Swap

We are back at Catcher in the Rye, PJ and I ordered Pomodoro Pasta with Deep Fried Seabass - MYR 20 nett as planned. After a while, the girl who took my order informed me that the kitchen staff told her that they were out of pasta and asked me to choose another dish.

My friend and I did not want other dishes so when we noticed that they have a soba dish in the menu, we asked if they could use soba instead for this pasta dish. After she checked with the kitchen staff, she told us that they agreed to use soba in place of the pasta.

 So this dish is Pomodoro Soba with Deep Fried Seabass at MYR 20 nett. The very small piece of fish has a very crispy coating. The soba is soft which I like. The flavourful gravy has onions, baby tomatoes and seaweed in it.
My friend and I were billed separately.

12 comments:

  1. The gravy looks like it's tomato-based, not really into that except for perhaps the Chinese sweet and sour dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the gravy is very tasty, very unlike ketchup.

      Delete
  2. I like the deep fried seabass but not so the tomato gravy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, this pomodoro gravy is exceptionally tasty, unlike the common tomato gravy made from ketchup.

      Delete
  3. Seems like most are not into the tomato gravy, me too! But since you said it is different from the usual tomato gravy, i don't mind trying

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soba with tomato gravy sounds interesting. You are so smart to get them to substitute pasta with soba. I would have never thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you would have thought of it too if you want to eat the dish as much as we do, hahahaha!

      Delete
  5. Soba is my top favourite and easy to swallow.
    The food presentation is nice and appetizing.

    ReplyDelete