Monday, May 8, 2023

Movie Movie

On Monday 8.may.2023, we stayed home the whole day. He fried two eggs and steamed purple sweet potatoes. Halfway steaming the purple sweet potatoes, the cooking gas ran out so he switched to the portable electric induction stove. Luckily he has changed all his pots and pans to have magnetic bottoms to be able to be used on the portable electric induction stove.

He then ate portion 2 of 3 bkt for dinner while for my omad, it is just bread with one fried egg and steamed sweet potatoes with skins.

*** Sunday 7.may.2023 ***

12.12 noon - I am on a search for fish and chips that suits me so a visit to MFM is a must. I wanted to have grilled or baked fish but they don't sell ALA carte for just the fish. It is mandatory for me to choose:
1. Butter rice
2. Garlic herb rice
3. Mashed potatoes
To go with the grilled or baked fish. Since I don't want any of the 3 choices and prefer fries, I selected deep fried fish. I noticed that Alaskan Pollock is only sold as deep fried or baked but not grilled. I wonder why.

12.37 noon - the deep fried Alaskan Pollock has white flaky meat. I can detect that the fish fillet is marinated slightly with light white pepper powder because when I ate the fish without the deep fried batter, I can taste a tinge of light peppery fragrance. Being deep fried, the batter is on the oily side.

For deep fried fish, there are two choices of batter:
1. MFM famous batter regular
2. Cream cracker crust batter
And I chose option 1 which is MFM famous batter which is ok but oily. I guess almost all deep fried batter will feel oily in the mouth unless they have drained all the oil from the fried item properly by letting it cool and drip out all the oil onto oil paper.

There are two options for potatoes:
1. Fries
2. Thinly sliced potatoes crisps
And I selected fries because I prefer meaty potatoes, not thinly sliced crisps.

Total price is MYR 74 nett shared by two pax because I also ordered add-ons of calamari, oysters, scallops and shrimps.

1 pm - MFM at midvalley mall.

Deep fried Alaskan Pollock with fries MYR 33.90 nett.
All add-ons are priced at MYR 6.90 nett each:
1. 5 strips white calamari - taste nice
2. 2 pieces oysters - I like the deep strong oysters taste for this high price.
3. 5 pieces scallops - they use small scallops so the taste is not memorable
4. 3 pieces shrimps - passable

I like the green citrus mint smoothie a lot because the minty taste is very strong, so strong until my spouse says that he thinks I am the only one who will order this drink but I like it because I like mint taste and the mint taste stays in my system for the whole day making my mouth fresh and cool. It is unlike eating toothpaste with mint flavour because this strong mint taste is way way more fragrant and stronger than the artificial mint flavour in toothpaste.

*** Thursday 11.may.2023 ***

Back in nov 2016, I read the above news 👆❗❗
Now I found out that the above movie will be available on Thursday 11.may.2023 screening by GSC, mbo and mmcineplexes in this country so I have made plans to watch it, to find out more about the development of this product. After reading many reviews throughout the world about this movie, my expectations for it are very grounded. I strongly recommend this movie to everyone because I believe everyone can find something in it for themselves in this movie.

It has been almost 6 years since I last went for a movie. My previous ticket was bought on 17dec2017 MYR 17.50 nett for a movie at gsc Atmos 1u. One more day to go, counting down. 🎉🎊🥳

12 comments:

  1. One of my greatest fears while cooking is the cooking gas running out. LOL! I have been to MFM only once at The Curve. I suspect I might like the citrus mint smoothie because I like mint. Enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know MFM is at the curve. I thought it is in IPC. Thanks, I think you would like this movie too but it is only at 1u GSC. Maybe your brother or partner could go watch it with you, highly recommended.

      Delete
  2. I think I have only been to MFM twice!! Once in KL and once in Kuching. Somehow never thought of going to MFM for its fish n chip. Maybe can find better alternative, cheaper price at other places.

    Oh, time to go for a movie. My kids miss going to movie, they miss the experience. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For Alaskan Pollock fish, the price is in this range at other eateries too. This movie is suitable for your children too. It is showing in Kuching cinema too so you can bring them to watch it as it is an educational movie.

      Delete
  3. the other day (on a public holiday) I passed by MFM, it looked so empty. I also paiseh to go in, coz later all the staff will be staring at me eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MFM in midvalley mall?

      Delete
    2. Nowadays staff won't stare because they will be busy with their hp.

      Delete
  4. The mint drink looks refreshing, fish and chips is also appetising, sweet potatoes sounds great too, with its skin, theres phytonutrients.

    BTW, yes it was Salmon block, i cut it to four pieces. Enjoy the movie, been awhile too, i 'vent stepped in the panggung wayang :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks for confirming is salmon. Thanks, I did enjoy the movie. Phytonutrients - thanks again for letting me learn a new word.

      Delete
    2. Yes the mint drink is refreshing.

      Delete
  5. The drink should offset the oiliness well.

    ReplyDelete