Wednesday, September 9, 2020

RT Kaya Puff

On Sunday, after eating lunch at Pakkopi Kaw, we went to TK because I want to buy kaya puffs but there was a long queue of about 6 persons so I went to RT Pastry which is across the road instead. Bought the above 3 items for dinner.


MYR 5.20 nett for 3 medium sized kaya puffs so it is MYR 1.733 each. My spouse says this is the best kaya puffs amongst all the kaya puffs we have bought so far because the Jaya fillings is more relatively to the pastry crust which is layered and crunchy but not crumbly. I feel that I can only taste coconut and sweetness in the kaya but not eggs. Would prefer to have a bit of eggy taste in the kaya. We have yet to taste TK kaya puffs.


I bought these 3 blueberry cheese tarts because there is MYR 1.50 nett off for members so 3 tarts for MYR 9.90 nett instead of MYR 11.40 nett. MYR 3.30 nett per tart so the taste is acceptable but the pastry crust has no butter taste. These tarts cannot be compared to Hokkaido cheese tarts because they are in different leagues. If they are football teams, Hokkaido cheese tarts would be in the premier league and this cheese tart would be in league one.


Total price is MYR 19.70 nett so the price in general is higher than the price of TK baking goods so that explains the queue outside TK but no queue at RT.

*** Tuesday 8 Sep 2020 d175 **"

 

Went to One Utama on an errand. Dine-in 9 at Sekinchan Catch. I did my errand while he ate his late breakfast.


Seafood meehoon at MYR 19.10 nett. Light clear soup.

21 comments:

  1. Didn't notice RT sells kaya puff. I always went there to buy kaya during lockdown period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One U is so near PH's place. Lotsa yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so we did stop by chef Omar uptown recommended by PH to takeaway nasi kerabu and nasi lemak.

      Delete
  3. Now that seafood meehoon is something I would enjoy a lot! I love noodles in clear soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, clear soup with Mee Hoon is always refreshing.

      Delete
  4. I would love to eat the clear soup with some cilipadi thrown in! And I like the cream tarts you bought too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are scared of spicy food so no chili padi for us.

      Delete
  5. Currently I am into blueberry cheese tarts. Bought quite few times in a local bakery. Can't get enough of them. Lol. Kaya puff, not so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do write about those blueberry cheese tarts. Do they look like this one? You got try kaya puff at your side?

      Delete
  6. At RM1.7 each, it seems to be pretty cheap. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer the blueberry cheese tarts, not really into kaya puffs. Oh so the third item is chicken foot long sausage, why is it name so, is it bcos got sausage inside? The clear mee hoon soup price is on higher side, maybe bcos got clams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, because it has a foot long sausage inside the long bun. Because got grouper fish slices in the Mee Hoon soup.

      Delete
  8. The seafood beehoon looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TK is doable for me, RT not. I'll just feast my eyes on your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete