Thursday, September 3, 2020

Fav Seafood Mee Hoon

Wednesday 2 Sep 2020 d169  - 10.04 am - this is our favourite seafood Mee Hoon from choy Kee coffee shop at MYR 8 nett.

11.55 am - my portion with one scoop of soup as per my request.

1.36 pm - one curry puff and one kaya puff at MYR 2.10 nett each. Sharing these two puffs for lunch.

1.51 pm - my half of kaya puff. I didn't eat the curry puff which I was told was very oily. This kaya puff from choy Kee tastes sweeter than sweet Heng kaya puff and has more fillings but the price is higher by 40 cents.

4.56 pm - shared dinner of braised pork trotters and one hard boiled egg with rice bought from Lucky Alley coffee shop at MYR 10 nett. Just another takeaway day.

16 comments:

  1. The prawns do look huge from here so I guess RM8 is ok.

    Would love to try your braised pork trotters. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MYR 8 nett is a very reasonable price. The braised trotters are tasty and is our regular buys.

      Delete
  2. Not a fan of those crab imitation sticks, otherwise I'd give the bihun full marks - I love clear soup. Curry puff looks good...and hey! Stewed egg & pork leg! Irresistable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything halved suits my portion too... I have gained 2 kg ever since the lockdown is lifted... hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The prawns look good. Stewed egg and pork trotters rice for me but i only eat the lean meat. I miss eating curry puff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not cooking any more? Your takeaways all look good, guess easier to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must go and look for curry puff and kaya puff to eat. There used to be one Old Chang Kee outlet nearby but it closed down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully their stall in one utama is still there.

      Delete
  7. I want to eat some kaya puff too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember whether or not nyonya colours sell kaya puffs or not.

      Delete