Thursday, September 24, 2020

Durian Dumplings

Saw this Durian Dumpling. MYR 6.90 nett for 3 and MYR 2.90 nett for 1 so bought 3 to see what this is all about.

Looks like deep fried sui gao.

The two sides stuck together after torn into half because the fillings are in almost liquid form but has genuine durian taste.

Ok, I pried the two sides open.

The fillings don't stand out because they stay to the sides.

Ate these 3 at 7.02 pm because they won't taste nice if I kept them to give to my friends to eat. Can try if one likes durian and deep fried crispy crunchy sui gao pastry skin.

I like this depiction of a lady who I think is Chang-er 
 

*** Wednesday 23 Sep 2020 d190 ***

7.33 am - early breakfast at Yong Len coffee shop, TTDI. Fish ball mix kway teow clear soup with seaweed at MYR 7 nett and champ hot at MYR 2 nett. Dine-in 22.

I ordered wanton noodles in soup for MYR 6 nett and both of us share the two bowls of noodles. Bought char kway teow at MYR 6.50 nett as takeaway not my lunch.

11.14 am - 4 lemon puff sandwich biscuits foc for fillers before lunch. Light lemon fillings taste so is nice.

There are other flavours with the same colour of packaging so need to check words on the package before taking the pack. I noticed corn biscuits. Wonder is it corn fillings? Will try it next time.

12.30 noon - ckt from yong len, not my lunch.

12 noon - the two choices are fish and chicken. Normally I would choose fish but this percik chicken is supposed to be very tasty so I tried it and it was delicious! My-dine-in 5. Finished the rice but didn't touch the small pack of curry gravy which was prepacked inside the rice pack. Dinner at 6.30 pm was one banana and a green apple. 9 pm - Finished up the remaining one fifth of a loaf of butter cake so one item cleared. Not my dinner was oats, nuts, cranberries in soymilk.


25 comments:

  1. Chang-er with a snowman, that's funny! LOL!!! That last week looks like nasi kerabu - looks so good! I've one in my blog, coming up real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, good that the display gave you some laughters! 😊

      Delete
    2. Yes you are right! It is nasi kerabu with ayam percik and ulam.

      Delete
  2. the chang er looks like a western fairy godmother! ooo….now IKEA also jump into the bandwagon with durian 'food products'...That day I tried KFC fried durian mochi balls, not bad too...3 biji for RM4.50. Your nasi kerabu looks good....I m drooling here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, cos durian kampung got surplus so better to make food products out of them and sell. Don't waste the durian. I also want to try the kfc durian balls but I don't see it on the delivery menu. Now u go office every work day? Got work from home days or not? Can go buy nasi kerabu near your office. The ulam here is tasty with the herbs.

      Delete
    2. Still 2 days in office & the rest wfh. Past few weeks eat out with colleagues so no chance to tapao frm tht malay stall.

      Delete
    3. So every week two days in the office? I like that, more days working from home. Your colleagues don't want to eat from that kerabu stall?

      Delete
  3. Wah, IKEA got durian dumplings?

    Maybe I can try some if I go there soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can try if you don't expect too much. 😊

      Delete
  4. I like durians in their fresh form. I miss eating nasi kerabu. Making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long time nv been to Ikea, miss their hotdog buns. Your dine in 22 is different from dine in 5 cos dine in 5 is without your hubby right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. Is ikea far from your place?

      Delete
    2. Need to take bus and mrt? Change how many times?

      Delete
    3. There are two Ikea outlets in sg. One at clementi and one at tampines. Journey takes about one hour.

      Delete
  6. Yong Len must be on the way to your office since you are able to have breakfast there. I have passed by but have not had the chance to eat there. I hear that the prawn noodles are very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, their prawn noodles are good and their ckt too but as we don't want to eat spicy so early in the morning we didn't order their prawn noodles but we have eaten their prawn noodles some time ago.

      Delete
  7. Ckt and nasi kerabu looked yummy to mr. Durian dumpling?? I would like to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But don't expect too much then would be ok. 😊

      Delete
  8. The skin on the durian dumpling is so thin. Price is ok though. I'll try if I happen to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bad...the durian dumpling is not nice tasting at all. Waste of money

    ReplyDelete