Saturday, September 19, 2020

Early at Yong Len

7.10 am - early breakfast at Yong Len coffee shop TTDI, KL on Friday 18 Sep 2020 d185. No tables outside to control registration of customers according to SOP. So this is Dine-in 19.


They use wrist temperature scanner instead. Only when tables are available, customers would be allowed to go inside the shop to dine in.



 The standard size ckt at MYR 6 nett is a small enough portion for me. Clear pork noodles at MYR 6 nett. Takeaway wanton Mee at MYR 6.50 nett. Cham hot at MYR 2 nett. There are many kuihs sold but I didn't buy any. Maybe next time.

12.10 noon - My-dine-in 2, very little rice, fish, two veggies at MYR 9.20 nett because that piece of fish costs MYR 5.50 nett but it is tasty and fulfilled my requirements because surprisingly the two veggies are not salty at all. Bought from de Irrfan at IPC food court.

3.08 pm - foc big red dragon fruit for teatime from office pantry. I peeled it and ate it by myself without offering my co workers because of physical distancing and everyone is wearing masks. Also ate one banana in the morning at 10 am and one banana at 4.30 pm. The candidates are red apples, green apples, guava, kiwi, oranges, bananas, red dragon fruits and pears.

7.48 pm - ate this new limited edition Thai milk tea sundae with chocolate sauce at MYR 3.99 (MYR 4 nett) for dinner in the car on the way home. The milk tea fragrance is very strong until the chocolate sauce is not sweet in comparison. Had to eat this because on 13 Sep 2020 Sunday, McD delivery left out my sundae order and replaced it with salted caramel chocolate pie because when I went to collect the sundae the next day, the sundae dispensing machine is being washed and I didn't want to wait so I accepted the pie. Good that McD trust me when I said they didn't deliver the sundae to me. It is just my word because how to prove that I didn't receive the sundae? Good customer service!

Now they put their personal handphone numbers for any enquires or grievances like in my case, one missing item. They highlighted the sundae in yellow even before I reported the missing item so I suspect they already know that the sundae needs to be paid special attention to. I did find a sundae spoon in the paper bag so I guess maybe they were also cleaning the machine at that time and couldn't wait for the sundae, must deliver my already packed items to meet SLA.

The salted caramel chocolate pie is exactly like before so this is a rerun like for movies. He doesn't like the taste of caramel due to the buttery undertone so he ate the side where the chocolate is and kept the caramel side for me. 😅



18 comments:

  1. First day back to the office? I don't quite get it when u mentioned 'The candidates are red apples, green apples, guava...' So many fruits to choose in the pantry? I wish my office is tht generous with fruits...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it correct. Those are the free fruits in the pantry for us to eat.

      Delete
    2. Congrats on your new job! So nowadays will see u dine out often. Ur new ofis in ttdi?

      Delete
    3. Thank you. Yes, in that area.

      Delete
  2. Mcd jst dont want to argue with customer on a sundae...so jst give when requested. The other day i bought 2 small fries & got FOC 2 extra large fries meaning altogether i got 4 packs jst bcoz i hav waited in drive thru for 5 min for them to fry a new batch of fries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You pulled aside to wait so other customers can place their orders or you block the customers in the car behind you?

      Delete
  3. Ya, same here - the DIY SOP at coffee shops, with a bottle of sanitiser too. Char kway teow looks good...and that fish is so nicely fried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they have the hand temperature scanner too? The fish is slightly coated with spices which are very fragrant! Sedap!

      Delete
  4. Fish is not cheap. Some more year end is coming. My man is on overnight fishing trip this weekend. Hope he catches many good fishes. His last overnight fishing trip before moonsoon and year end season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are blessed to have fresh fish caught by your husband.

      Delete
  5. It's good they have a policy of Customer first.

    Deliver and drive-thru has this kind of non-delivery risk. I once specifically went to McD for the Happy meal toy and they left it out. Luckily I was eager to see what colour it was hence realised it wasn't there before driving off. Else would have been troublesome to drive back to get it.

    Wah fresh fruits provided at the pantry. Not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, good that mcd has good customer service. Good to have fresh fruits at pantry foc.

      Delete
  6. I love the look of the fried fish, yums!

    Congrats on your new job, so like my fren jovy, you also changed job during covid 19 which not many people are brave to do so during tis period as they will choose to stay put.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always remind myself to eat at Yong Len after 2pm when the crowd is gone and the broth of the Prawn Mee had thicken to the maximum by then. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you can eat there after 2 pm when the lunch crowd is over.

      Delete