Saturday, September 5, 2020

Corn Red Bean Hak Lo Mai

Yellow or Pink? Can't decide so bought both Aroma Nyonya kuihs for MYR 2.20 nett each from Swee Heng coffee shop.

Perhaps they could sell them mixed like this.

Both taste equally nice - the corn kuih and the red bean dark glutinous rice kuih. I just couldn't get enough of kuih.

*** Friday 4 Sep 2020 d171 ***

10.09 am - prawn noodles MYR 7 nett shared by two pax. Tasty enough and the broth doesn't have MSG because I drank it and didn't get thirsty. 2.30 pm - shared a pack of wanton noodles (dry) MYR 6.50 nett bought from the same neighborhood coffee shop.

5 pm - dinner - pork pepper soup Mee Hoon MYR 8 nett shared by 2 pax. A noodles-day again.

12 comments:

  1. I think i will enjoy both the kuihs too. You usually use pots to eat cos no need to use and wash some more plates or bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen these here before, would love to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no corn kuih and no red bean kuih at your side?

      Delete
  3. I would love to taste the corn and red bean kuih. I can't remember seeing these kuih here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhmmm, I didn't know that they are not commonly sold until your comment and STP commented.

      Delete
  4. Never taste such kuih. Not found here I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhmmm, so they are not available in Kuching too.

      Delete
  5. I would prefer the corn kuih. Looks delicious. It has been a long time since I enjoyed any. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lot of ingredients in the mixed innard noodles! I'd take the noodles any time over the kuih.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we always buy pork pepper soup Mee Hoon from this stall due to this.

      Delete