Thursday, September 10, 2020

Petai Kimchi

 

PH recommended this KimChi fried rice from KyoChon and after eating it, I can understand why. The flavours are strong, but I believe when eaten with KyoChon fried chicken, this KimChi fried rice would convert non-believers into believers. Believe that KimChi is tasty. This portion costs MYR 12 nett.


8 pieces of Drumette and Wingette at MYR 22 nett. I chose Honey because I remember reading that this flavour tastes best and true enough, it is very tasty because it is very crunchy despite being coated with honey which is just sweet enough.


9 9 promotion for Santan combo meals so I had to buy one set and I chose fried nasi lemak with fried chicken berempah because this is the only combo meal with chicken berempah. Nasi lemak combo meal just have fried chicken which I am not sure is fried chicken berempah or not so I didn't buy that as he preferred to eat fried chicken berempah.

I have some petai remaining from the previous day so I ate them with the kimchi fried rice. Delicious! Petai Kimchi fried rice is a powerful dish. After one has eaten it, one would have the power to repel humans. Physical distancing would be easy to maintain as people would stay away.

I thought the egg would be scrambled into the fried rice so I added it only to find out it is a standalone fried egg with a bit of runny yolk. Takeaway extra charges at MYR 2 nett. Total price is MYR 38 nett for KyoChon takeaways.

9 9 promotion gives a discount of MYR 7.10 nett which is quite a lot for just one takeaway combo meal from Santan.

*** Wednesday 9 Sep 2020 d176 ***

Day off for me so it is Dine-in 11 as it has been quite a long time, around 6 months since I last had Japanese cuisine. Two ala carte dishes because we didn't want to eat rice in the set lunch.

12 noon - our favourite salmon shioyaki in a set meal by adding about MYR 10 at Rakuzen, Gardens Mall.

Total bill is MYR 108.10 nett due to the unagi dish.

2.20 pm - Dine-in 12 for coffee time. A glass of hot cham (coffee mix tea) and cucur udang to go with it. I don't remember that this cucur udang tastes so good previously when we ate it in this Ah Cheng laksa eatery.

If we have waited until 3 pm, there are various tea sets with drinks and cucur udang but we couldn't wait so we pay the normal price for both at a total of MYR 12.50  nett.



18 comments:

  1. I miss Japanese food too....i must go there one of these days. I have tried kimchi fried rice in kyochon Pavilion back in 2017. It was good with slight smoky taste. Btw u r still wfh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, still working from home but was on leave yesterday. If you go eat at Rakuzen or Sushi Zanmai, do remember to use their hp app to collect points.

      Delete
  2. Now you made me wanna go there and enjoy the KyoChon fried chicken. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, bring your family too! They would enjoy the honey fried chicken.

      Delete
  3. I'd go for the nasi lemak over all your other orders anytime. Sambal petai looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha but you can't eat nasi lemak for every meal every day, must eat a variety of food.

      Delete
  4. I would go for the tempura prawns and salmon. What is cucur udang, looks like some fried patties. Rakusen is one of your fav haunts for jap food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cucur udang is prawn fritters and it is available in SG too. If u r interested, please go eat some cos they are very tasty, crunchy on outside and fluffy inside. You may read more about it in the link below:

      https://www.nyonyacooking.com/recipes/cucur-udang-mamak-prawn-fritters~HJ_4XBuK7

      Rakuzen is a mid range price but with quality japanese food restaurant.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info mun. The prawns inside the fritters are with or without shells?

      Delete
  5. Long time I did not eat petai... looking at yours, I wanna fry rice with petai and kimchi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please fry rice with petai and kimchi since your children made lots of kimchi for you to eat.

      Delete
  6. No kimchi for me but I want the drumette and wingette please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you eat this kimchi fried rice with the Drumette and Wingette, you may acquire the taste for kimchi and like it.

      Delete
  7. For a moment there I thought there was kimchi made from petai. LOL!Kimchi and petai are the ultimate stink bombs hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want to be the first to make kimchi from petai? You could. Hahahaha, ya, after eating it, no one wants to be near, lolx!

      Delete
  8. Petai and kimchi are both strong flavours... interesting to combine them.

    ReplyDelete