Friday, September 25, 2020

Baker Son

from Jaya grocer, two loaves of Cake - butter cake at MYR 12.90 nett and banana cake at MYR 6.50 nett. Both are acceptable.
 
Banana cake is soft and crumbly.

Another view of the banana cake. Banana taste is light.

Butter cake is dense and fine. Can taste the butter. After eating, the mouth will be buttery. 

*** Thursday 24 Sep 2020 d191 ***
7.05 am - O & S again. Chicken hor fun mixed at MYR 7 nett. Clear broth so this is a light meal.
Popiah again with takeaway nasi Lemak with chicken curry costs MYR 9.60 nett only. Good price.

12.30 noon - not my lunch of nasi Lemak Chicken curry has the taste of the curry of secondary school canteen 36 years ago. Sweet memories!

12 noon - My-dine-in 6 - okra curry, tofu in peanut gravy, two prawns and 12 tablespoonfuls of rice. I didn't take the bag if curry gravy for this prepacked meal and I ate all the rice and all the shells of the two prawns. MYR 3.50 nett as usual. Banana and kiwi are the fruits of the day.

16 comments:

  1. The butter cake is definately worthy at 12.90...mch cheaper than Lavender! And has butter taste....yum yum😋 lolx on ur remark on the nasi lemak...i also miss my school canteen's nasi lemak but couldn't find the taste anywhere😢. Wah today got kiwi....syioknyer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try and see whether u like the butter cake or not. School canteen food, I miss the cucur udang, is the best! Kiwi is tasty!

      Delete
    2. Yea i miss cucur udang too! I usually drenched it with chili sauce😋

      Delete
    3. It is the taste of the special chili sauce with the deep fried dough that was so very tasty back then. 😋😋😋

      Delete
  2. I love butter cakes where one can taste the butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder whether you would like this one or not.

      Delete
  3. Wow!! You could remember the curry tastes from school over 36 years ago. That's elephant memory you have. I remembered my school's canteen had lousy hawker food yet we enjoyed them all like hungry ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to remember because once you eat the things or food that taste the same as the food from childhood, the memories will be flooding into you from the deep recess of your mind which you thought doesn't exist, which you have forgotten.

      Delete
  4. I like your sambal rice, looks so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butter cake looks quite good, the banana one a bit too crumbly.

    Hmm from secondary school days I only remember this fried thing that I smothered in chilli sauce to eat. Something like cucur udang without udang but has taugeh and spring onion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be cucur sayur la. You are right about the cakes.

      Delete
  6. I still rmb when i was in primary two, one bowl of curry fish ball noodles costed only S$0.20. Cheap and delicious.

    ReplyDelete