Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Fav Mango Sago Dessert

Dine-in 15 at 11.48 am on Saturday 12 Sep 2020 d179. Canton-i, Gardens Mall. We ordered siew yuk and char siew rice but was served them as a main dish. Since we can take them home, we didn't voice out but accepted the dish.


Close up view of the meat.

My favourite mango dessert.

With authentic mango taste.

He didn't want any of it so I finished this dessert by myself. Yummy!

Wanton prawn noodles. Only ordered this when they gave us only meat instead of rice dish with meat.

Lo Mai Kai at MYR 6 nett, two chew dumplings with peanuts inside and prawns I dumplings.

Must look again.

12.09 noon - My portion of wanton noodles.

I also bought a small portion of salted egg yolks prawns as takeaway at MYR 38 nett as we couldn't finish 10 prawns so we took them home and ate them over 3 days after having one each there and then.

Total bill is MYR 141.40 nett and I installed the hp app to get one MYR 10 nett e-voucher off and applied it to this bill making it MYR 131.40 nett.

Why the queue outside this store? I can only wonder.

 *** Tuesday 15 Sep 2020 d182 ***

9.23 am - breakfast for two pax with a piece of Mcd fried chicken from the fridge.

9.41 am - my portion. I didn't eat the chicken but ate two salted egg yolk prawns.

12.32 noon - I finished up the remaining 3 salted egg yolk prawns direct from the fridge with lap cheong fried rice and added some salted cashew nuts to the rice. He finished the lap cheong in the fried rice as I didn't want any. I cooked the rice on Sunday using the microwave and it has been in the fridge for 2 days so I asked him to fry the rice with lap cheong.

12.38 noon - there was still quite a lot of rice in the fridge, about 10 tablespoonfuls and I suddenly don't feel like keeping the rice in the rice any longer so I stuffed all the cold rice down my throat and was very full after that. I better stop eating this way, so harmful to the body. After that I didn't need to eat anything else for this day.

16 comments:

  1. The number of ppl inside the LV shop exceeded quota hence ppl queuing outside? I believe everywhere applies this too. At least this one is indoor....not those alleys nxt to smelly drain & under hot sun. Sometimes i feel it is not necessary to apply quota as everyone is wearing mask these days. Just keep a safe distant will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the quota will enable safe distancing because if many people inside the shop, there is not enough space to keep further apart. There are still many people wearing their masks below their noses.

      Delete
  2. The wanton noodles looks like those in HK with huge wantons...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the wanton prawns are the best I can safely say.

      Delete
  3. Love the siew yoke and char siew...and the mango dessert looks good too! The wantons are so plump and pretty, everything looks great! I'd love to try the lor mai kai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lor Mai Kai has lap cheong in it so it has the fragrance of lap cheong in the glutinous rice. NuxV won't like it as she doesn't like lap cheong. Food here is good so the price is expected.

      Delete
  4. You made me want to pay Canton-i a visit. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time u go Midvalley mall in kl, can go.

      Delete
  5. The mango desserts sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my favourite. Price is better than other dessert restaurants too.

      Delete
  6. I had tasted the siew yuk at canton i before, nice! Now cannot go jb, so no more canton i for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Canton-i has premium quality but also premium price! The prawns and meat are so little only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their price is not that premium. Sek tong has tong sui that is more expensive than canton-i.

      Delete