Friday, September 11, 2020

SubMerryn Mooncakes


Home made moon cakes from SubMerryn. Ordered and collected them from her on the day I had an errand to run at One Utama on Tuesday. Bought two of each: Red Bean with Single Yolk MYR 10 nett and white lotus with single yolk MYR 11 nett.


Belgium chocolate with single yolk. Matcha red bean single yolk. MYR 12 nett each.

Cross section of the belgium chocolate single yolk mooncake.  We haven't tried the remaining 3 moon cakes yet so they are kept in the fridge since Tuesday to maintain their freshness.

Natural taste without preservatives.

Love that there are plenty of kuaci in it.

*** Thursday 10 Sep 2020 d177 ***

10.08 am - not my breakfast of instant noodles, little gem lettuce, and the two remaining drumette from the previous day.



2.24 pm - shared lunch of Legend chicken rice set MYR 17nett bought from Boat Noodle. The lower left compartment are filled with petai and beef rendang from previous days. Very succulent and tasty grilled chicken.

22 comments:

  1. What is the white layer surrounding the yolk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo...I wish I could buy her mooncakes! So cheap!!! I would love lotus paste with salted egg yolk! Best thing - no preservatives! Those commercially made ones were made months ago, enough embalming to last forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no preservatives and all natural ingredients are good!

      Delete
  3. Guess I need to order some as well. Ha :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. SubMerryn is very talented and her mooncakes are very affordable. I have not bought any mooncakes as yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could buy from her too because her moon cakes are just sweet enough so it is not overly sweet.

      Delete
  5. Sibmerryn made these mooncakes? So talented. The grilled chicken does look tasty and yummy. My sis told me she bought me and my mom mooncakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, SubMerryn is making these moon cakes. Can buy from her if staying near one utama or Kota Damansara.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I have just eaten the matcha. Very tasty cos genuine matcha taste.

      Delete
    2. Matcha mooncakes sound tasty to me.

      Delete
    3. Oh the matcha is matcha red bean not matcha green tea?

      Delete
    4. Matcha red bean is for matcha green tea and red bean together in one moon cake.

      Delete
  7. I wonder how matcha red bean taste like....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ate it. Very nice. The matcha taste authentic with a genuine matcha aroma.

      Delete
  8. Wow she must be very skilled - the egg and its surrounding filling are so centrally placed. Yes and cheap too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed that too. You can order from her since you are around that area.

      Delete
    2. I'm actually considering getting mooncakes just for the pretty tin haha. Hubby wanted to get some and I was excitedly looking at packaging. Then he insisted he wanted to eat Oversea ones which did NOT have nice packaging and I was like... hmmppfff.

      Delete
    3. Having said that... I'm checking out her website now. :)

      Delete