Saturday, August 29, 2020

MW Buns

Re: Buns Buffet, I thought it would be fun to do a similar thing with Mighty White Buns. The above are 4 types of Mighty White Buns which I tore into two halves for each bun and stuffed all 8 halves into a bowl. Not a pretty sight. The kaya bun and coconut bun looks similar. The chocolate bun is brown in colour and the corn custard bun has too little fillings for the fillings to be seen.

Coconut and Kaya Buns taste good. The Chocolate Bun tastes better than the gardenia version according to my spouse when both are fine for me. The Corn Custard Bun has fillings that taste like the original Nestum cereal. I guess it is because Nestum cereal is mainly made out of corn.

4 types of Mighty While Buns. Missing is the pack of Red Bean Buns which I have written about it here. Each pack costs MYR 3.40 nett. It will take me more than ten days to finish these many packs of buns.

*** Friday 28 Aug 2020 d164 ***

1.30 pm - my portion of nasi lemak ayam berempah bought in the morning from this Nasi Lemak Pandan Kukus Ayam Berempah stall in Happy Garden. It costs MYR 8 nett and I bought 2 packs to give one pack to my friend. I just love to eat the potatoes in the potatoes curry which has cardamoms and ginger in the curry.

4.57 pm - our shared dinner of reheated stir fry beef slices wat tan hor fun (ngao hor) - MYR 12 nett bought in the morning from San Kee coffee shop in Happy Garden. This coffee shop is also referred to by the name Sang Kee Beef Noodles at Jalan Riang 11. This beef wat tan hor is good enough to fulfill cravings for beef noodles in this cooking style with egg gravy, ginger and spring onions. The stall owner says his stall is usually operational from 7.30 am onwards so it seems that the stall was not opened when I was there at 9 am on Thursday 20 Aug 2020 d156 when the coffee shop was opened.

12 comments:

  1. The buns can last for 10 days? When is the expiry date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put in fridge can last longer. Expiry date is 2 Sept this year.

      Delete
  2. My first choice would be the kaya bun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bun is the most commonly acceptable bun I guess.

      Delete
  3. I wanted to buy some nice buns at a bakery the other day but they were all sold out except for a pack with red bean paste which my missus would not touch. I was looking for mung bean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are there mung bean buns? Never seen here. Only mung bean pastries such as tambun biscuits pastries.

      Delete
  4. I think Gardenia's buns are better. :D I have tried these as well. Not as good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So which brand wins? Might look better if you cut them instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ok with both brands. Why cut when can use hands? Save water for washing the cutting tool. 😉

      Delete
    2. For photo-taking purposes only haha.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha, no la, save water is more important than photo taking.

      Delete