Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Blueberry Cheese Tart

These are the 3 types of  Hokkaido cheese tarts that I have not tried so I bought them during this Grab promotion max 12 off to test their taste.

Chocolate Cheese Tart which broke on its own. It costs the same as the original Cheese Tart and I like the taste of the almond bits on top so I think it is worth to buy this tart during promotion.

Blueberry cheese tart. The taste of the blueberry is light and not overpowering so I like this too. It costs MYR 0.81 nett more than the original cheese tart.

This is the Oreo Cheese tart. As I seldom eat Oreo biscuits, I am not sure whether this cheese tart tastes like Oreo biscuits or not. On its own merit, this Oreo cheese tart is as good as an original cheese tart but costs MYR 0.81 nett more.

A box of 6 for MYR 22.61 nett with a voluntary gratuity of MYR 3 nett for the delivery person. MYR 22.61 nett for 6 cheese tarts - on average one cheese tart is about MYR 3.76 so it is a good price.

MYR 4 nett delivery fee

As before, there is a Grab sticker.

The middle tart collapsed on its own in the box.

Side view - the collapse tart looks fine from the side.

I gave 6 and a half cheese tarts away so I have 4 tarts in my fridge now after eating 1 and a half tarts from two boxes of 6 tarts each. After this, I will go and try the mini tarts when there is a promotion next.

*** Tuesday 25 Aug 2020 d161 ***

9.28 am - curry Mee Hoon mix yellow Mee without cockles MYR 7 nett. Bought this curry Mee to compare with the curry Mee we ate last week. All the noodles are bought from Swee Heng.

This curry noodles contain long beans, pork skin, chicken breast meat, tofu puff, and beancurd sheets. The curry broth is way too salty but many people like the curry Mee from this stall. I guess they have a high tolerance for salt.

I felt like eating loh Mee after reading Nancy's post with loh Mee so I bought this bag of loh Mee at MYR 8 nett and asked for the broth to be put together with the noodles. They gave a bag of chili paste.

The loh Mee noodles are soaked in the broth.

11.13 am - Took a bit of loh Mee noodles to eat. Very soft which I like.

11.21 am - let him try this much log Mee with the only prawn.

11.30 am - one roll ccf and one flat sheet of ccf with brown gravy. I also bought 3 ytf -brinjal, okra and bitter gourd from this ccf stall. Total price is MYR 8 nett for 2 ccf and 3 ytf.

11.36 am - ate my portion of curry Mee with the 3 ytf and ccf.

1.14 pm - his lunch of fish balls Mee Hoon with bean sprouts at MYR 7 nett. I just ate a bit of the Mee Hoon and one fish ball.

3.30 pm - ate 3 pieces of aroma Nyonya kuih. I bought 3 packs at MYR 2.20 nett each.

6.30 pm - not my dinner of pork Yee Mee at MYR 6.50 nett with self added vegetables. I just ate two slices of liver, some Yee Mee and vegetables. What a noodle day!






14 comments:

  1. I saw their outlet in Kuching but I did not buy to try. I went again a few months later but I did not go to that mall. No outlet around the hotel where I stayed. Hopefully, I will get to try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not the best cheese tarts around so unless you love cheese tarts, you didn't miss much.

      Delete
  2. It's strange for the tart to break on its own...texture too soft? The curry noodles looks good😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too sure. This curry noodles is too salty so not recommended.

      Delete
  3. Tasted original Hokkaido cheese tart before, I like its taste. I am not a fan of loh mee, sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This loh Mee is not sweet at all. It is sourish from the vinegar. So you like cheese tarts. 👍

      Delete
  4. Fun to have multiple flavours. The oreo one has a dark crust. There are only these though? I remember a durian one used to exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are others which I bought in my previous post - durian cheese tart and salted caramel cheese tart.

      Delete
  5. After looking at the different flavours tarts, now I feel like wanting to buy to taste all the flavours especially the one with almond bits. The loh mee noodle looks fat, I thought it was the fat Hokkien noodle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one with almond bits gives a different texture so it is nice. I think the fat hokkien noodles are not as fat as this fat loh Mee.

      Delete
  6. The fat loh mee noodles look like udon noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think udon noodles are a bit fatter but roughly are like these too.

      Delete
  7. Have not had hokkaido cheese tarts for quite some time...and the only one in Malacca has closed own. Bad business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With so many good food in Malacca I can understand why not that many people want to eat these cheese tarts.

      Delete