Friday, August 21, 2020

Grab 12 Off

There are certain eateries offering 50% off food and is capped at MYR 12 nett and must buy above MYR 20 nett so I was searching for food delivery with the lowest delivery fees which I found out is MYR 4 nett. Not many food choices so I chose SR Hokkaido cheese tarts mix and match at MYR 28.99 for 6 cheese tarts. For cheese tarts with additional ingredients, need to top up MYR 0.81 each.

They were delivered in this box with a green grab sticker sealing the box. Selected MYR 3 nett as voluntary gratuity.

Mix and match - I selected 3 original, 1 durian and 2 salted caramel so I have to top up 81 cents for 3 times for the durian and 2 salted caramel.

Some of salted caramelized corn flakes and almond flakes have fallen off.

Stored them into separate containers to keep in the chiller section of the fridge.

I got the max MYR 12 nett off so the total price is MYR 23.42 nett so each is about MYR 4 which is a plate of kampua noodles and a bowl of pian sip in Sibu?

SR is having a tea time dine in promo from 3 pm to 6 pm. As I am not dining in, I can't make use of this offer.

 This is the salted caramel cheese tart with the toppings removed to reveal a hole where the salted caramel is piped into the tart after it has been baked.

I break the tart apart with a spoon.

 Cross section which shows the salted caramel that was piped into the tart. I just ate half of it because it is very rich in taste. The pastry dough taste like butter cookies, so tasty! I kept this half into the fridge chiller. A treat for those who love the taste of salted caramel.

This salted caramel was newly launched back in Nov 2019. The official description from the official website is:
Quote:
"The perfect blend of salted caramel with signature cream cheese topped with caramelised corn flakes and almond flakes. Finished with a drizzle of salted caramel and dusted with snow powder for a sweet and salty taste sensation."
Unquote.

*** Thursday 20 Aug 2020 d156 ***

 9.46 am - He searched online and found this Nasi Lemak Pandan Kukus Ayam Berempah in Happy Garden so we went to buy takeaway. A packet of nasi lemak ayam berempah with potatoes curry costs MYR 8 nett and I bought another piece of chicken at MYR 5 nett.

 8.30 am - before going out to buy takeaway, I was hungry so I ate the 4 fish balls of 10  and wanton noodles from the previous day.

 10.11 am - my portion of nasi lemak. The rice is soft and has pandan leaves fragrance.

In front of another coffee shop nearby named San Kee, I bought two sets of the above pastries as snack at MYR 5 nett per set so total MYR 10 nett.

12.27 noon - I ate one egg tart and one kaya puff. No butter taste which is expected. No lard taste which is good. The pastries have a unnatural fragrance which I believe to be caused by the margarine or oil used. Both of us dislike this fragrance so we won't be buying them again. The kaya puff is big and very filling which is not a good thing as I don't like the taste yet I finished eating it. The overall taste is on the salty side, even the kaya fillings taste a bit salty and not sweet at all which is not kaya to me. I didn't eat the siew bao.

 1.09 pm - roast chicken breast meat and lean char siew for lunch bought from San Kee at MYR 7 nett.

He poured the remaining curry gravy onto the chicken rice and ate the rice with the ayam berempah drumstick from the nasi lemak stall.

12 comments:

  1. The cheesetarts are so cheap after discount! Now i m craving for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U can Grab six durian tarts tomorrow cos your delivery fees should be lower than 4 and you also get 12 off. Yum yummy! 😋😋😋

      Delete
  2. So cheap, 80 sen only! I sure would want to buy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to add on 81 cents to the existing price so total price is about MYR 5.65 for one special flavour cheese tart.

      Delete
  3. Cheese tarts yummy but very rich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are yummy and rich so can just eat one in one day, cannot eat more.

      Delete
  4. Great deal for the cheesetarts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grab 50% off is applicable for quite a number of restaurants.

      Delete
  5. I like salted caramel taste so i would enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so inviting but this doesn't deliver to my area.

    So much meat on the RM7 rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should deliver to further places. Never know how these roast meat stalls decide on how much meat to give.

      Delete