Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Lavender Banana Cake


Found some photos in my archive which I have not pasted here before.

One round Lavender Banana Cake.

Cut a wedge out.

Tastes decent.

Not sure if this is still the price as this receipt is dated more than one year ago.

Also found this photo of wine chicken Mee suah from BC&S coffee shop. Not sure if this exact stall is still there or not.

*** Monday 17 Aug 2020 d153 ***

11.14 am - ate 1 slice of the marble cake bought on Saturday. There are 7 slices for this loaf of cake so that means MYR 1 nett for each slice. Basic but still satisfying even though no butter taste. I sure like to eat cakes. He finished up the last slice.

11.29 am - I ate the kaya puff I bought on Saturday. After eating this, my sweet tooth cannot take in other sweet food because it had enough. So it is confirmed that I cannot go eat afternoon tea set which will have at least 5 to 6 dainty sweet cakes since two are enough for me. The kaya puff costs MYR 1.70 nett from Swee Heng.

12.07 noon - He cooked two bricks of air dried vit thin instant noodles and added little gem lettuce and reheated the pork trotters bought on Saturday. Very tasty. So we will definitely buy a large portion of pork trotters wanton noodles at Sweet Heng again for MYR 9 nett since we are using them for two meals by mix and match after separating the noodles pack from the pork trotters pack to be used in meals on two different days.

12.24 noon - my portion. At 7.30 pm, I ate 4 to 6 slices of 7 sprouted grains rainbow bread and 10 pieces of low salt, high fiber Jacob's biscuits for dinner. He ate bread, butter, peanut butter, and jam for dinner.

26 comments:

  1. So cheap! One whole banana cake for RM11.50 only!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This price is one year ago. not sure whether the price is still the same or not now. But compare to the marble loaf cake I bought at BC&S on Saturday, this price is better.

      Delete
  2. Yeah the whole banana cake for only RM11.50? Cheap. Looks good too if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compare to the marble loaf cake I bought on Saturday, this price is much better and taste better too.

      Delete
  3. I went to lavendar midvalley and bought a marble cake on last week...it doesnt taste as buttery as before. Not goin to buy anymore coz the quality dropped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, it means they lose you as a regular customer.

      Delete
  4. Like you, I cannot take too much sweet things in one day... Nowadays not only sweet things, too sour also cannot... hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Too sour, my whole body will ache a few hours later. 😅

      Delete
  5. Lavender cake, I tasted its cake once but I can't remember what flavour. Long time ago.

    Pork trotter with noodle, that looked tasty to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also haven't eaten lavender cake for quite some time now. Yes the pork trotters with noodles are very tasty.

      Delete
  6. Banana cake and kaya puff look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOuld love to try the banana cake!
    Such a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer kaya bun than kaya puff, unless is curry puff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am suddenly craving for kaya puffs. LOL! I am sure I can find at the coffee shops around my area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you can because there are so many shops in uptown. You can easily find kaya puffs there.

      Delete
  10. Lavender generally has quality offerings - whether worth the price or not is up to individual taste.

    My tip for eating sweet food, intersperse with savoury food. Then won't get so 'jelak' with the sweetness and can eat more.

    I've recently been bitten by the kaya puff bug too. Just ordered from Shoppee which didn't turn out as good as fresh ones from Ipoh. But I have another store marked and will order very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, shoppee got sell kaya puffs ah? You mean frozen kaya puffs? Hahaha, the key is not to eat more mah, later turned diabetic.

      Delete
    2. Fresh kaya puffs! My targeted one says it will send out puffs on the day it was baked. If no delays in postage, should reach me the next day.

      Delete
    3. Wah, fresh kaya puffs also got sell on shopee. Didn't go search for that. Recently bought a kaya puff that is salty and got fake oil fragrant, so not nice.

      Delete