Sunday, August 30, 2020

Too Lemony

I did not managed to buy these two types - Peanut and Lemon - when I bought the 3 types of Tiramisu, Chocolate, and Cheese. This week, I bought them at a lower price of MYR 4.30 for a big pack of 10 individually packed biscuits of 2 sets each from Aeon Big Supermarket for all 5 types including Tiramisu. Last week, I bought them at MYR 5.09 nett for Cheese and Chocolate biscuits and MYR 5.20 nett for Tiramisu biscuits from Aeon Supermarket.

For both types of Peanut and Lemon, the crackers are stuck firmly together by the thick fillings so when I pulled the cracker broke as can be seen in the photo above. It could be because I put them in the fridge so the fillings turned stiff and held the crackers tighter together.

Nux V described the Lemon sandwich biscuits as taste similar to Hacks lemon sweet and my friend says that it tastes like Lemon dish washing liquid. After I have eaten it, I feel that the Lemon taste is just too strong and overpowering so it was not as nice as eating Le-Mond Lemon biscuits as the Le-Mond Lemon biscuits has just a subtle zesty lemon taste.

As for the peanut sandwich biscuits, my friend says that it tastes like raw peanuts. To me, it tastes acceptable but the vegetable crackers are very oily. I was trying to pull the crackers apart and the biscuit broke and my hands were very oily from holding on to the biscuits.

Packaging with bright colours. It is individually packed - 10 to a pack. Each pack has two sets of sandwich biscuits. 

*** Saturday 29 Aug 2020 d165 ***

9.39 am - 3jc Mee Hoon hor fun bought from Choy Kee at MYR 6.50 nett shared by 2 pax.

From the same coffee shop, I bought MYR 10 nett worth of siew yuk aka roast pork from the wanton noodles stall. He just ate the small piece at the side. Kept the two big pieces for another day.

 10.41 am - my share of 3jc with brinjal and bittergourd ytf. I used two slices of bread to soak up the flavourful oil from the brinjal ytf and ate them. Ytf is bought from Lucky Alley coffee shop at MYR 1.60 nett per piece.

 4.45 pm - ate this cheese tart from my fridge bought on Wed 19 Aug 2020 d155 which is 10 days ago. I still have one more cheese tart in the fridge. Still tasty, very milky.


6.19 pm - 2 pax shared this dinner of pork belly wood fungus rice with added bok choy. The pork rice was bought from Lucky Alley coffee shop at MYR 7 nett.

10 comments:

  1. I still prefer the original flavour. Tried the lemon flavour and it tasted...a bit too articial.

    The siu yuk looks yummy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Original flavour means plain vegetables crackers with no fillings?

      Delete
  2. I would love peanut. Never bought lemon, it's all essence, artificial flavoring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Julie Le-mond lemon sandwich biscuits taste refreshing cos the lemon taste is subtle and zesty.

      Delete
  3. Yea the lemon ones are the least favorable coz it taste artificial. There are plenty of it in the container.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, so whoever who stocks up the pantry will know not to buy hwa Tai lemon fillings biscuits in the future.

      Delete
  4. Oh a bad review on those biscuits. The packaging and the 'Luxury' naming gives the impression they are premium ones.

    Nice food around your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lemon fillings taste like ant powder with a bit of bitterness when I ate them today. They should learn from Le-mond lemon sandwich biscuits. A 10 km radius got nice coffee shop food.

      Delete
    2. There is that particular taste but only slightly.

      Delete