Saturday, August 8, 2020

Sultana Biscuits

Have you eaten this type of sultana biscuits before?

The biscuits are kind of a little bit chewy with sultanas in between. I like the taste and texture. There are 4 biscuits in a small pack and 5 small packs in a big pack for about MYR 6 I believe.

My brunch of home cooked Mee Hoon in water gourd, pork ribs, dried oysters and dried mushrooms soup at 12.52 noon on Friday 7 Aug 2020 d143.

At about 5 pm, I ate 2 chocolate buns, 1 red bean bun and 2 corn custard buns bought on the previous day. To my surprise, the corn custard buns taste better than when I ate them the previous day.

12 comments:

  1. I do enjoy these biscuits too, pretty old school. Will buy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so you have eaten these biscuits before when they are sold in big big biscuits tins in old school sundry shops.

      Delete
  2. I have not tried these sultana biscuits. Hope to get a packet to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think you will like them. They used to be sold in big big biscuit tins in old style sundry shops.

      Delete
  3. Yes i had eaten the sultana biscuits before, i like the chewy raisins in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that the chewy raisins inside are nice. Did you buy the sultana biscuits by weight from sundry shops or from the supermarkets - what brand?

      Delete
    2. Khong guan brand. From supermarket.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your reply. I will try to search for this khong Guan raisin biscuits to buy.

      Delete
  4. This brand is not quite the same as I had from childhood. My dad used to buy those raisin biscuits by the weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. Don't think those that are bought by weight got a specific brand, not that I know of. The taste is very close so can be considered as same biscuits.

      Delete
    2. These Kerk ones are thicker/puffier on the biscuit side. Also the smell is different. But yeah, considered same style.

      Delete
    3. I would try to look for those by weight raisin biscuits to buy. Yes, I agree with you that the smell is very slightly different.

      Delete