Monday, August 17, 2020

Crunchy Cold Rice

Sunday is our errand day. As we are not dining out or in yet, we have to eat breakfast at home before going out to do our errand and then buy takeaway home for lunch.

So on this Sunday, 16 August 2020 d152, we ate the pork trotter wanton noodles big portion bought from SH for MYR 9 nett the previous day for breakfast without the pork trotters at 8.13 am and added one sausage from April 2020, one egg and some bok choy. The accompanying pork trotters are kept for Monday's lunch. We also added the remaining soup from the previous day pork Mee Hoon into this wanton noodles.

10.07 am - ate my portion of wanton noodles with just some bok choy and no egg nor sausage because I need to finish the previous day nasi lemak bumbu which has an egg in it later for lunch. Finished 3 of 3 curry potatoes puff too. Was surprised to see the puff to be quite oily today.

1.54 pm - not my lunch of Bak Kut Teh and yam rice bought from Toh Guan eatery at MYR 16 nett. The remaining Bak Kut Teh is kept for another day.

3.30 pm - cold nasi lemak from yesterday with one egg, potatoes curry, squid sambal, peanuts and fried anchovies. No cucumbers because I asked for the cucumbers to be omitted. MYR 6 nett bought from BC&S.

The sambal squid is beneath the potatoes. There are about 6 pieces of squid and the sambal is quite spicy.

Too much rice for me but I finished all of them in one hour as I was too lazy to reheat the rice, I ate crunchy cold rice slowly. Taste is ok, just the texture is different. Next time I won't include the sambal squid cos it is too spicy for me. So this is my lunch and dinner. I just ate one Navel orange after this. Dinner for him is just bread, jam, butter and coffee.

16 comments:

  1. I like the curry rice. And if served piping hot even better! BKT on rainy day...superb😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since takeaway, won't be piping hot. Just room temperature. But the bkt is piping hot because just cooked at the shop. Yes bkt on rainy days warm the tummy, so comforting.

      Delete
  2. Bean curd sticks in BKT? My missus does that, I like! They do not seem to do that outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah! Your eyes are sharp. They are bean curd sheets, not sticks. If don't like, can request for them to be omitted. Here, most bkt have them but we need to inform them to include them.

      Delete
  3. The cold nasi lemak looked like bak chang initially. I mean the shape. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. I could never eat nasi lemak cold from the fridge like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you could eat cold char kway teow direct from the fridge, right?

      Delete
  5. I wonder how the cold sambal rice taste like...it must be good since you finished them! Long time I did not have nasi lemak... I must get a packet one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ok but I wouldn't recommend you try eating cold sambal rice if you are not used to it.

      Delete
  6. I used to eat food cold from the fridge. Now no longer do this coz influenced by my hubby who is extremely particular that food is piping-hot I'm not so extreme but at least want the food to be warm-ish hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cos I too lazy to reheat it mah. 😅 Of course better to heat it till boiling to kill bacteria inside.

      Delete
  7. I need to heat up my food or else I can't eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to heat up food to kill the bacteria in them.

      Delete
  8. I just had bkt, yam rice and nasi lemak recently, lol. I only eat warm food, only raw salmon i eat cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! You are eating a variety of food. You mean savoury food,you only eat raw salmon cold.

      Delete