Saturday, June 6, 2020

One Pan Rice


Friday 5 Jun 2020 d80 - 6 pm - shared dinner of half a cup (80ml) of calrose rice, lots of kai choy (fresh mustard green), wax sausage (3 of 3) from Sunday 3 May 2020 d47, and smoked pork belly slices. Instead of risotto, this reminds me of paella.

11.18 am - my bread with kaya

12.42 pm - not my lunch of takeaway zhar yuk muk yee rice with bok choy.

3 pm - my bread with half mutton curry from Tuesday 26 May 2020 d70

Strong mutton taste - reminds me of mutton satay so it is tasty for me but maybe this is the last mutton meal for me because I want to be a Flexitarian moving forward. Maybe it is the lemon grass (serai) and galangal (lengkuas) taste. Not hot on the tongue but my stomach was burning after that. So weird. So no more curry for me cos burning in the stomach is not that comfortable.


As I defrost the frozen mutton curry in the fridge, I just put the curry mutton on a slice of bread and microwaved it for 20 seconds so it is not cold but not hot either. Tomorrow I will be able to finish this mutton curry because the taste is too strong so only I am eating it.

14 comments:

  1. Yes, it does look like paella and I would prefer that to risotto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you have too much water in the rice for your liking?

    Why suddenly become flexitarian and what on earth is that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the rice, hhmmmm wonder why you thought I didn't like the rice? Hahahaha, I also just learn about flexitarian. Can Google for the meaning.

      Delete
  3. The one pan rice looks delicious. I have never liked risotto, to me paella is lots better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of the one pan rice. Mutton curry is one of our favourite curries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Convenient to eat, one pan rice. I like mutton curry a lot too, that's y I bought it.

      Delete
  5. What caught my eyes: smoked pork belly slices. *drooling*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes looks like paella. I had eaten paella before and i like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about risotto compared to paella?

      Delete
    2. I had eaten risotto before too, prefers paella.

      Delete
    3. So you prefer drier version.

      Delete