Monday, June 15, 2020

KFC Zinger Chop

Sunday 14 June 2020 d89 - we continued our grocery buying from Saturday so since we are out of the house, we dropped by KFC to buy the latest 2 pieces Zinger Chop set at MYR 16.30 nett which includes 2 pieces Zinger Chop, a drink, coleslaw and rice or fries and we chose fries.

The Zinger chop is boneless thigh meat coated with crunchy spicy batter. Gravy is provided as the sauce.

The coleslaw is too hard for my teeth but I ate it because no one else wants to eat it.

I bought these 3 pumpkins for my friend from de Market supermarket because it was on offer - MYR 8.99 nett for one. Buy 3 for MYR 24 nett so I bought three.

Dropped them off at my friend and was given steamed pumpkin from the previous batch I bought for her. Very tasty pumpkin - we ate the skin as well. It tastes like a combination of chestnuts and sweet potatoes.

Then we went to RT Pastry, Taman Desa to buy some buns and cakes. I saw their Pandan Layer cake at MYR 13.20 nett so I bought it to try.

3 layers of cakes and 3 layers of pandan paste.

The green pandan layer is more of a jam paste than jelly so the cake is very different from the pandan layer cake by Klang original pandan layered cake shop and the one I bought from Aeon Supermarket recently.

The cake is tasty but just not the same type as the pandan layered cake that is my favourite from Golden Bake because the green layer is not jelly-like. The cake has a very fine texture, is moist with a strong coconut and Pandan taste.

I also bought two raisin scones.

The ingredients do not include jelly powder and hoe kwee mung bean powder so that is the reason the green layer is not the same at all as the two pandan Layer cakes that I ate recently.

15 comments:

  1. So do u like the zinger chop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer chicken breast meat as chicken thigh meat is too smooth for me. Will you try it?

      Delete
    2. most likely, I like chicken thigh meat especially when it is boneless.

      Delete
    3. Good. See if you like it.

      Delete
  2. I will enjoy the zinger chop as i love thigh meat, the gravy looks like whipped potato. I also prefer jelly like pandan layer as i like soft food which is easy and tasty to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the gravy is whipped potatoes gravy. This layer is more like jam paste than jelly.

      Delete
  3. I want to try that zinger chop too. :D Looks delicious and the fact that it is boneless...must be really an enjoyable treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet to try. Not keen on going as the one near my house is in a mall, avoiding crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like pumpkin too but I haven't steam them before, more for boiling soup or as a dish... next time I must try steaming...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must use those sweet and fragrant pumpkins for steaming then is like eating sweet potatoes chestnuts.

      Delete
  6. I haven't bothered much with KFC... prefer McDs.

    Looks like different style of pandan layer cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pandan Layer is different from the Klang Regent. This one the layer is not jelly-like. Just normal paste-thick-jam.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete