Sunday, June 21, 2020

Healthy with Unhealthy

11.41 am - Brunch of Quaker Oats with 2 slices of pan fried luncheon meat cut into 4. This Quaker Oats is sold in red packets labelled as instant oats. I just add hot water to it and stir. No cooking is required.

Do you eat your oats thick like this or do you prefer watery oats? This is a good combination as I didn't add anything to the oats so the taste of the oats offsets the saltiness of the luncheon meat.

Pan fried the only remaining pack of luncheon meat 2 of 2 with 8 slices in it.

10.55 am Saturday 20 June 2020 d95. Went out to buy our weekly gardenia loaf wholemeal bread so we bought this pork stomach pepper soup Mee Hoon at MYR 8 nett but this time was given hor fun also. There are pork meat, liver and intestines in this Mee Hoon as well.

A clear favourite as the soup has a strong peppery taste which is hot in a spicy way for those who loves the taste of white pepper instead of black pepper though I can't tell the difference between the taste of white vs black pepper. Can you tell?

My portion of meehoon and hor fun at 11.05 am.

*** The experiment ***
peanut butter jam luncheon meat sandwich

Since myburgerlab has a peanut butter jam burger, I thought ok, I would make a peanut butter jam luncheon meat sandwich then for dinner since I have pan fried luncheon meat and Smucker's goober peanut butter grape jam and whole meal bread.

Close up - two halves slices of luncheon meat on thick spread of peanut butter jam on top of 3 slices of wholemeal bread.

Oops, I put too much peanut butter and jam compared to the bottom thin slice of luncheon meat so sometimes I don't taste the luncheon meat at all, just taste the jam. When I could taste the luncheon meat, the 5 spices marinate used on the luncheon meat clashes with the taste of the grape jam. Not that compatible but still ok. I finished the whole sandwich easily. Not a well matched combination but can be accepted.

6.44 pm - Not my dinner so cleared the luncheon meat in vacuum packaging on d95.

18 comments:

  1. You are very "innovative" in your ways of eating lol. I like my oats thick so usually i use two packs of oats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, "thank you". 😛
      Oh this Oats is from those big 1.5kg packs. Your oats packs, are those small individual 3in1 packs with milk and sugar and maybe other flavourings like chocolate or coffee?

      Delete
    2. You are right mun, the oats are those 3 in 1 instant oats.

      Delete
    3. In small individual packs.

      Delete
    4. What flavours do you buy and which brand of 3in1 ?

      Delete
    5. Vanilla. Quaker brand. Yums!

      Delete
    6. Oh, didn't realize they have vanilla. I will go look for them and buy to try.

      Delete
  2. Your luncheon meat looks different from mine. Have to show me the can. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not from a can. It is vacuumed packed in a plastic bag. I bought it here http://muntalksfood.blogspot.com/2020/05/processed-food.html

      Delete
  3. Can't remember the last time I had Quaker oats. Would usually have it with condensed milk, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind eating oats with luncheon meat too. I prefer my oat porridge to be a bit more watery. If it is too thick, I find it hard to swallow. My son likes to eat instant noodle with fried luncheon mee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instant noodles with luncheon meat is very tasty, like those served in hk cafes so no wonder your son likes it.

      Delete
    2. Ya, thick like this is a bit hard to swallow. Good that you can eat savoury oats by adding luncheon meat to it to make it savoury.

      Delete
  5. If you like the combo then ok... I'd rather have them separate.

    Err my oats bought to make overnight oats is easily half a year old now. Sitting in the fridge so would still be fine. Though I wonder if they would still be there in a another half a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can start eating the oats one bowl a day and they will be finished in no time at all. Eaten together is fine, quite same as eat separately.

      Delete