Sunday, June 28, 2020

Too much

 Bought this amount of char siew at MYR 12 nett. I requested for as lean as possible. Taste like Bak kwa cos it is lean meat. Went out to the hardware shop nearby to buy filter cartridge and it was quite risky there because the majority of contractors crowding around the entrance are not wearing masks and are describing what they want to buy to the shop assistants with gusto so saliva should be flying. I was wearing those common disposable mask which I doubt give much protection to me and only protecting others from me.

The shop lady boss told me a 1 micron filter cartridge is sold individually at MYR 5.50 nett and 5 cartridges of 5 micron filter in one pack is sold at MYR 12 nett. As I was requested to buy 1 micron I bought 6 only to see the label says 5 micron and the shop helper has the nerve to tell me the manufacturer labelled them wrongly, should be 1 micron. Who is he trying to fool? I didn't want to argue with him so I just top up MYR 2 nett to change 4 cartridges (MYR 22 nett) to 2 packs of 5 cartridges of 5 micron but with thinner walls (MYR 24 nett). I will monitor myself for 14 days to see if I was exposed by this event. What a Saturday morning at about 10.30 am. 27 June 2020 d102.

 My portion of pepper pork stomach meehoon hor fun MYR 8 nett with the char siew at 12 noon.

 1 pm - charsiew on bread. Taste just like Bak kwa.

 6.30 pm - instant noodles with the remaining roast chicken from Aeon bought on Thursday 25 June 2020 d100 for dinner for two pax.

 The portion remaining after eating his fill. I managed to finish everything on this pan but was very full. So next time I must not buy one whole chicken again because even after eating it for 3 days, we have difficulty finishing it until I had to eat more than I wanted to.

We were requested to buy this fragrant rice loong (dragon) ju (pearl). 5 kg at MYR 29.50 nett. After buying the cartridges and rice, we delivered the goods and changed the water filter cartridge. All in a day's work.

Do you have a water filter at home? What brand of rice do you buy? Photo of this rice is sourced from the internet, no idea where as it was sent to me as a guide to buy the correct brand of rice.

16 comments:

  1. I wish we could get really charred char siew like that here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But that charred part not very healthy wor.

      Delete
  2. Yeah the bread and char siew really combined that well together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a little bit of fat in my char siew. Not too fat, just a bit is fine. Too lean, I dont like as it could be tough sometimes. And that char part. Yummy but sinful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got a bit of fat cos the seller also cannot find all lean parts, lolx!

      Delete
  4. Char siew looks yummy and nice to eat with bread. Instant noodle with chicken and veg looks nice. If you are worried about your mask not having enough protection from others, you can get one of those plastic facial shields which is sold at the DIY outlets. Hubby bought a few and its about RM3 - RM4 only. You can wear the plastic shield over your mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. Will see if it is bearable to wear the plastic shield over the mask or will it be too hot. The food tastes nice but the chicken is a bit too much for my dinner but I want to clear it so force myself to finish it.

      Delete
  5. Hopefully not many cases of virus around the country now, then people can talk with saliva coming out everywhere also it's fine.

    Nice colourful meals coming out of your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya fingers crossed not many people still having it but it seems living in close quarters can easily spread as shown by the figures in south neighbour.

      Delete
  6. Hopefully not many cases of virus around the country now, then people can talk with saliva coming out everywhere also it's fine.

    Nice colourful meals coming out of your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe, ya the meals are colourful right? Cos he says want to add the frozen mixed vegetables into the instant noodles.

      Delete
  7. The char siew looks juicy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is very easy to make your own Char Siew after seeing my wife made them many times. For the same costs you paid, you could roast 3 times the amount! Try it.

    Yeah I MIA and living in cemeteries! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason why your wife makes the char siew and not you make is the reason why I am not making char siew but rather buy. Lolx!

      Delete