Sunday, June 14, 2020

Yang Shen Xu

Saturday 13 June 2020 d88 is going-out-day-to-buy-things since we didn't go out of the house from last Tuesday to Friday. I was requested to buy this Yang Seng Xu because need to lower heat in the body.

I google and found the following description on this website:

https://thehivebulkfoods.com/product/american-ginseng-root-fibre-yang-sheng-xu/

"American Ginseng Root Fibers as known as ‘Beards’ as its Chinese name 洋参 (Yang Sheng) 须 (Xu) literally translates to American Ginseng ‘beards’. They are fine fibres, which are the very ends of the ginseng roots, having a bittersweet flavour and aroma typical of ginseng, and are used as a nutritional supplement in order to support neuro-physical and organ health. A well-known property of this ginseng is that it is cooling and can help to reduce heatiness in the body."

So need to boil these roots with water and drink the water. I think there are some ginseng roots that can be soaked in hot water without needing to boil them. Have you drank these ginseng root fibers drink before? I put the packet next to me and the strong ginseng root fibers smell permeate the air around me. Do you like its smell?

Since we are out of the house, we do the whole food and fruit run. Bought 15 Valencia oranges for MYR 15 nett, 10 green apples for MYR 10 nett, 1 papaya for MYR 8 nett and 10 berangan bananas for MYR 6 nett so total MYR 39 nett for fruit. Then we went to buy our favourite pork Yee Mee at Sweet Heng and saw people dining in sitting at tables marked with X 🤦. Yee Mee pork noodles costs MYR 6.50 nett and we were back home at 10.30 am to eat it. We started our buying trip at 8.50 am so about one hour 40 mins out of the house inclusive of dropping off some food and fruit for friends.

I must have my kap Chung (glutinous rice in the middle of deep fried pastry) and red bean deep fried pastry that costs MYR 1.30 nett each. Very tasty though oily. This is bought from Lai Lai Desserts shop.

Two of us shared the pork Yee Mee so this is my portion.

Yam cake at MYR 3.50 nett and lo Mai fan at MYR 4.50 nett from Decades CCF shop in Happy Garden. Keeping this for breakfast for the next day.

Bittergourd, okra and brinjal ytf at MYR 1.50 nett each. This is bought from Lucky Alley coffee shop, Jalan Lazat area.

Two portions of yam cakes for my friend.

Chicken breast rice at MYR 6.50 nett from Swee Heng for my friend.

5.30 pm - red bean deep fried pastry. I can eat this everyday too like instant noodles.

8 pm. Finished off all my YoGood muesli with SoyFresh no sugar soy drink as dinner.

16 comments:

  1. The fried dough is frm lai lai dessert shop? Didn't go mid valley anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, from Lai Lai dessert shop. Not going to mid valley unless really necessary.

      Delete
  2. I drink yang shen xu and i m fine with the taste. The pork yeemee looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you are fine with the taste so can drink more to dissipate the heat. This is our favourite pork Yee Mee.

      Delete
  3. I drink this yang sheng xu once in a blue moon as it is claimed to be heaty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is supposed to lower heat in the body and is not heaty. You got the opposite. Please go check again which is the one u r drinking. Heaty or not heaty.

      Delete
  4. My mom used to boil this yang sheng xu once in a while last time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you can boil them since you started cooking already.

      Delete
  5. That lowers body heat? I steam chicken with it, great pick-me-up! We call it seng see - the tiny ginseng hairs, more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, supposed to lower body heatiness. After steaming the chicken, do u ear the seng see or throw?

      Delete
  6. I used to drink this when I was much younger. According to my mom, I had a lot of heat in my body. Sometimes, I use the roots to boil chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is to disperse the heat. Boil chicken soup is very tasty when using this.

      Delete
  7. My hubby takes that ginseng root drink but for me, never had it until I met him. Somehow ginseng wasn't part of what my mother bought or used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then what did your mother boil for you all to drink to lower the body "heatiness" ?

      Delete
    2. Barley, 'pat chi chou' herbs and loh han guo comes to mind.

      Delete
    3. Ok. Those my mother also got boiled for us to drink.

      Delete