Monday, June 1, 2020

Red Bean Kan Sui Chang

 Yesterday we went to AA pharmacy in Taman Desa to buy meds for the elderly folks and delivered it to them and received two Changs from them. This is a red bean Bean kan sui Chang. Kan sui is lye water or alkaline water.

 I prefer to eat kan sui chang with red bean paste in it than those Kan sui Chang without any red bean paste.

 This Chang has a lot of sweet red bean paste fillings - oh so tasty!

 The savoury Bak Chang does not use much dark soy sauce but it uses very pungent dried shrimps to stirfry the rice before wrapping the rice into a Chang so the taste is absolutely umami but a bit too salty.

 It has meat, mushrooms, beans and salted egg yolks as its fillings.

 Since we were at Taman Desa, we went to De Market supermarket to buy some vegetables. No queue to enter and also no queue to pay. Just need to write name, hp and get temperature scanned before entering the building and also supermarket. Not too crowded in the supermarket.

After that, we also did a pit stop at Giant supermarket at Desa Petaling at about 4 pm and when through the same process of writing name, hp and getting temperature scanned. No queue to enter and to pay. This Giant supermarket is spacious so plenty of spaces to do social distancing.

 Buy, buy, buy quite a long list because we have not been to any supermarkets since March 18, 2020.

 31 May 2020 d75 Sunday, 9.30 am - not my breakfast.
 11.05 am, I started my food with eating the only one remaining red bean paste deep friedough.

 11.16 am - my brunch of one wedge of tomatoes, one slice of bread and one fried egg.
 12.50 noon - not my lunch of all remaining old cucumber ribs soup with the remaining half portion of rice bought from Fatty Mok eatery on Saturday 30 May 2020 d74.

I "edward scissorhand" my hair until very short. Loving how light it feels. Cooling too.

19 comments:

  1. Wow ur hair is so short. Shorter than any ladies tht i knw...yes can save on shampoo & water too😀 One day u went to 2 supermarts...like u jst released frm house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bak Chang for me all the time. :)

    Wow yeah your hair pretty short. But as long as you feel it is good. Then you are good. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you like Kan sui Chang too. Hahaha, yes, is very short. Good point. :D

      Delete
  3. Is that your head? I thought that was your other half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever you can DIY your own haircut. Short hair like that is very practical. I am thinking of a short style like that when I decide to let my hair go white. I am tired of having to dye it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, cos I lazy to let other people cut so I have been cutting it myself for a few years already. I also got many white hairs and never dye my hair before. You are right, short hair is practical. That's why almost all men sport short hair style cos they know this secret.

      Delete
  5. Long time have eaten kan sui chung. I like the ones with red bean too. I am craving for bak chang now. I can cut my front fringe short but can't do the same for the sides and back. Will have to let them grow until the MCO is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan sui Chung with red bean is very tasty, right? I just use my hands to feel to cut the back. As for the sides, can still see using a mirror. Too hot to let them grow so I just cut them myself.

      Delete
  6. Wow. You cut your own hair?! I dont dare. Haha. I need to go to salon once it is allowed. Need a hair cut.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. 😂 Been doing that for some time now.

      Delete
  7. You have such good skills to cut your own hair. I dare not cut on my own, i am not skillful enough, now that CB is lifted today, full services will resume at hairdresser including rebonding etc. Still quite some time before i need to go cut my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I don't have cutting hair skill. I simply cut only. See long, cut half, that's it. 😂

      Delete
  8. That is really short! I just cut my fringe too but it's definitely not straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut the hair on my whole head, even the back. I like short short hair.

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha, not brave, just too hot!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete