Sunday, May 31, 2020

Jian Dui

 It is Saturday again! Time to replenish the bread in two households. Since I went to the local shops to buy bread, I dropped by Lai Lai Desserts shop again to buy my regular kap Chung and red bean Peng. This time I also bought 3 deep fried sesame coated balls made from glutinous rice flour with fillings in them and red bean tong sui. Kap Chung is the fried dough in the above photo with white glutinous rice in the middle of it. Please note that the bread that I am replenishing are gardenia and Massimo loaf bread, not these deep-fried dough pastries. 😂

The one with red dot contains lotus paste. Dark dot contains smashed peanuts and no dot contains red bean paste which I like best. Snacks at 3.30 pm on Saturday 30 May 2020 d74.

 Do you like to eat these Jian Dui? 

Since I am at 711 to buy bread, I must buy other necessities such as ice cream sticks.  Chose this sweet potato ice cream. I must eat it again because of its nice glutinous rice aroma. MYR 2.30 at 1.30 pm.

Used about MYR 25.60 nett in total on bread.

Bought a bottle of rice cooking wine at about MYR 19.

Eggs and rice as well.

Just boiled the daikon and they are ready to be eaten without any seasonings. I ate them all at 7.30 pm.

Rice in old cucumber ribs soup for not my dinner at 5 pm.

Breakfast at 10.30 am of 3 ytf - okra, brinjal and bittergourd with one slice of liver and pork stomach from pork pepper soup mihun. Two halves of a pork ball from frozen premium sausage set.

23 comments:

  1. The deep fried sesame coated balls look really yummy.

    It has been a while since I last had such delicacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i like to eat these jian dui a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Averagely u hav 5 meals a day incl of snacks. I like the fried dough but seldom eat coz my parent would nag me when i eat oily fried food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rice soup is not my dinner. U can say I snack all day long.

      Delete
  4. I will eat those sesame balls but no, I will not buy them to enjoy - not really a favourite. I wonder what kap chung is, don't think we have that here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you eaten the sesame balls before? Kap Chung is the fried dough in the above photo with white glutinous rice in the middle of it. Places that sell yao char kwai will often sell this kap Chung too.

      Delete
  5. I prefer the peanuts in the sesame balls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have eaten sesame balls similar to the ones you ate but without any filling. I don't really like it. I only like ham chin peng.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without any fillings so it must be one huge lump of glutinous rice flour. No wonder you didn't like it.

      Delete
  7. Jian dui aren't my favourite so I hardly have them. Ham chin pengs are far higher on my list though I haven't had any since MCO started. I wouldn't call any of these 2 things 'bread' hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erh, I don't call them bread either. Wonder why u think anyone would call them bread. 😂????? I went to 711 to buy bread which I didn't show any photos of but u can see the names of the bread I bought in the 711 receipt. 😂

      Delete
    2. Ah ok my bad. Coz the story started with you going to get bread and then there were these pictures.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha, my bad cos I write all over the place so no wonder u thought I was referring to those ham chim Peng as bread. Lolx!

      Delete
  8. I've been wanting to eat those sesame balls and now you're posting it!

    Must either find them to buy, or make them next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy jian dui at I love yoo stall in IOI City Mall. Oh you know how to make them yourself - very good! Should be very tasty since it is self made.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete