Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Bittergourd Tomato Soup

6 pm - Sunday 17 May 2020 d61 - boiled bittergourd, tomato, and ribs soup using the ribs delivered on Saturday 9 May 2020 d53 which are kept in the freezer to maintain freshness. Put less water because I only eat the ingredients and not drink the soup so soup is portioned for one person resulting in a very thick and flavourful soup. As before we did not put any salt and did not put any other seasonings but the soup is very flavourful from the natural flavour of the ribs, tomatoes and the bittergourd.

6.53 pm - my dinner of the ingredients in the soup - one rib, 8 pieces of bittergourd and 1 piece of tomato. Yummy!


This is the best bitter gourd that I can find in the grocery shop that I went to. Not in a pristine condition so have to cook it immediately on the same day.

MYR 5.05 for a bitter gourd that weighs 515 g at a price of MYR 9.80 nett per kg. I seldom buy vegetables so I do not know what is the standard price for bitter gourds.

*** Monday 18 May 2020 d62 ***

12.30 noon - Not-my-lunch of rice, lettuce and the Hakka stewed pork belly (bought at MYR 12 nett on 3 May 2020 Sunday d47)) that was kept in the fridge (15 days) for another meal.

My lunch at 12.30 noon - oranges. Then at 2.44 pm, I ate two Texas Chicken Honey Butter Biscuits (6 and 7 of 10) so there are 3 more to clear. Decided to speed it up by eating two in a day as it is taking too long to clear this item.

My friend sent me a photo of lunch from Sg - usual portion of chicken rice - SGD 2.80, add extra chicken meat - SGD 1, add soup and vegetables in the soup - SGD 0.20 so total is SGD 4 - so affordable when earning in SGD.

24 comments:

  1. Bittergourd and tomato is a very good combo, yummy soup. I left only chicken nuggets not cleared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken nuggets are very easy to eat. Should be fast for you to clear.

      Delete
  2. Wah chicken rice! I like! Bittergourd soup...superlike! I can boil with more water and save some for dinner too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we ate for two meals. Not chicken. Is pork.

      Delete
    2. i'm referring to the chicken rice photo that ur friend sent.

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! Lolx! Ya, that chicken rice is tasty!

      Delete
  3. Never tried that but it sure looks good. We sometimes stuff bitter gourd with minced meat to cook as soup but most of time, we fry it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried Bitter Gourds soup with tomatoes and ribs. Sounds nice but I would drink more soup!

    Now I am forgetful like you. I forgot about my Texas Chicken Honey Butter Biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is understandable since you have so many delicious dishes cooked by your wife at home so the biscuits have to stay in the fridge longer.

      Delete
  5. You are very economical to feed hehe.

    I do not buy bittergourd any more with the kids around, so have no idea on the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe SE and JE would like to eat bitter gourds.

      Delete
    2. No lah the bitterness totally puts them off. Apparently bittergourd isn't good for kids either.

      Delete
    3. They have tried before? Is it? I must go google to find out why bitter gourd is not good for children.

      Delete
  6. You are a very small eater. I would love to drink the soup and eat the vegetables as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wah, no salt at all for the bittergourd soup. Very healthy indeed. Maybe I should try to boil this as my boys love bittergourd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do boil this soup for Ethan and Ayden.

      Delete
  8. I bought a bittergourd last week at Jaya Grocer. The bittergourd were all so sad looking but I chose one of the better ones and it was OK when cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much was the bitter gourd per kg? Luckily they were ok when cooked.

      Delete
  9. By the way, how is Boi2? Is your home now his forever home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is ok. You have someone interested in him? Until then, he will stay here.

      Delete