Sunday, May 10, 2020

Old cucumber ribs soup

 Fruits to start the day. One apple and one orange each for two pax on Saturday 9 May 2020 d53.

 Lunch - added enoki mushroom and little gem lettuce and kan choy celery to the Bak Kut Teh soup bought on Friday 1 May 2020 d45 so we cleared the bkt soup from the fridge.

 Bought via delivery - fresh cut spare ribs. Two packs - 1kg at MYR 33 nett and 500g at MYR 17 nett so reached the minimum order of MYR 50 nett for foc delivery to my location. Can order via FB Yan kitchen. These 3 boxes contained 1 kg of spare ribs to go into the freezer. The ribs are delivered in plastic bags and we stored them into plastic containers reused from food takeaways.

 Old cucumber from VE fresh delivery.

 This is the reason for the spare ribs - to boil old cucumber spare ribs soup. Put all 500 g of spare ribs into the soup and add old cucumber, dried figs and goji - the soup is so sweet. Didn't add salt at all because we don't have salt at home. Lolx!

 Dessert - IDC triple chocolate ice cream with sour strawberries. Yummy combination. Ate Musang king durian ice cream as well. Very durian-y yummy! Both ice cream are very milky with a milky after taste.

7 pm - Follow schedule to eat 2 frozen cheddar Bay biscuits so one more to go for tomorrow. Didn't eat any Texas tenders so two more to go. Ate 10 mini bananas emas today, two for tomorrow.

16 comments:

  1. My annoying sis just cooked old cucumber soup that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can cook too cos just out all the ingredients into water n boil.

      Delete
  2. No need salt as the ingredients will make the soup taste sweet and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one thing I've never tried. Have seen it at the market, never bought to try, old cucumber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is surprising but guess maybe this is a popular Cantonese soup.

      Delete
  4. We like old cucumber with pork rib soup. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have learnt a good lesson during this MCO that I should have bought spare ribs through delivery like you. The nightmare I had for going 3 times to the butcher to get my order was so stressful. Now the ribs in my freezer will last till the MCO gets lifted.

    I still miss my durians and the ice cream I bought was a mistake as the label tricked the buyers. It was sold in cups with the big word "Durian" outside and I thought it was so cheap to be true. So I bought 3 and went home to read the small prints that say coconut milk in the ingredients. When I ate, it tasted like frozen coconut milk with a mild tinge of durian flavour. I felt cheated and blamed myself. It doesn't taste like the yummy Thai Coconut Ice Cream at all. Just frozen coconut milk like how you made slush milo ice cream. Hahaha

    I love old cucumber soup! It tastes like the winter melon soup too. I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your frozen ribs can last till 6 June 2020? How many kg?

      I guess if it is too good to be true, then it often is. Please go buy musang king ice cream at IDC, Damansara Kim, very near ttdi, you walk from your house or jog there also can. Eat when walking back n when u reach home, u have finished eating the musang king ice cream and burn all the calories gained so it is win win! Ah, guess old cucumber soup is a popular soup.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing the pork delivery. I wanna try so that I have alternative supply. Wah! Strawberry and ice cream. I also want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe for your area he will charge high delivery unless you buy a lot. I also curious will be deliver to your area or not.

      Delete
  7. Easy, yummy and nutritious. Now won't you continue cooking this even after MCO? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not I cook. If not-me wants to cook, by all means. Lolx!

      Delete