Thursday, May 21, 2020

Lo Song Tong

Lunch on 20 May 2020 Wednesday d64 at 1.41 pm. This popular soup needs no further description. STP has written all about it in his post entitled ABC back in 2018. As before, we did not put any salt nor any seasonings into the soup  - just the basic ingredients of water, ribs, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots and red onions.

I ate it with a slice of Massimo 100% whole wheat flour bread instead of rice.

Then at 6.24 pm, I drank it again as dinner without any bread this time. Yummy! One cannot go wrong when cooking this soup.

Cooked the soup using the new pot. One benefit is the amount of water put in will be the amount of water you get because no water escaped as steam and you won't need to "jaga api" or "jaga air" at the stove. A note to mention that on this day, I did not eat breakfast at all. Started my food intake at 12.47 noon with 9 of 10 Texas Chicken Honey Biscuit! One more to go! Yay!

19 comments:

  1. My fav ABC soup! Homely yet nutricious! So u will be eating the final piece of honey biscuit later in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so you started using your new pot already. Wonder how it tastes to eat bread instead of rice with soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That day already used to cook rice. U can try eat bread with soup.

      Delete
  3. Your ABC soup looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soup does not need salt at all as it is already so rich and flavorful. I have eaten soup like that without salt and I find it very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your new pot!

    This soup can have with noodles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my pot so I no use as I don't cook. Yes can eat with noodles.

      Delete
    2. Oh I thought you had a share in this pot. Hahaha.

      Delete
    3. I don't want a share cos don't want to do work to cook.

      Delete
  6. You eat so little, I think you must be very slim. Enjoy cooking with your new pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No scale at home so don't know how much I weigh now. Not my pot so I don't use it as I don't cook.

      Delete
  7. I just boiled ABC recently.. I added in the remaining of my pumpkin besides others... Yeah, can never go wrong with this soup.. young or old like this soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add pumpkin will make the soup sweeter! Nicer! Tastier!

      Delete
  8. Cooking ABC soup used to be my weekly routine as I just threw everything into the slow cooker. Then I would keep adding veggies until the soup became something else like Minestrone and so sweet. Muahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More vegetables inside will make the soup very very tasty!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete