Friday, May 8, 2020

Blur Blur

This is an apple, this is not a pen. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. This is the story of how I ended up with 15 red apples.

I ordered 10 oranges, 10 green apples, 5 avocados (MYR 6 nett each) and one papaya (MYR 6 nett) from my neighborhood fruit shop and went to pick my order up. Paid MYR 80 nett and the saleslady loaded the box with all the fruits into the car's boot.

When I reached home, I looked at the list of items to find that I have paid for and picked up someone else's order of 29 oranges, 15 red apples, 11 green apples and 3 bunches of green bananas. Oh well, I didn't want the hassle of returning the items in exchange for my items so I gave away 9 oranges, 5 red apples, 11 green apples and 1 bunch of green bananas. Then I went to pick up my papaya and 5 avocados (MYR 36 nett).

 Ate 1 red Fuji apple each so 8 more to go. An apple a day so it takes 4 days for 2 pax to clear these apples.

 20 Valencia oranges. Ate 1 each so 18 left. 9 days to clear so that I can buy Navel oranges again.

 Two bunches of this very green banana (pisang emas). Will they ever ripen?

 11.51 am to 1.20 pm - Sourcing for vegetables. Went to Mr. Farmer shop and bought 4 green apples (MYR 1.50 nett each - smaller than the 11 green apples and 50 cents more), MYR 17.50 nett for two large cabbages and 2 white daikon. Was surprised to see SRK Noodle House right at the corner unit of this row of shops so I went there to take away lunch.

 Saw this vegetarian shop.

 No crowd, no queues, no customers. So into the shop I went.

 Bought these 3 packs of EverBest brand fresh soy chip and fresh soy stick for MYR 12.80 nett.

 Photo timestamp: 2.22 pm - my portion of lunch from SRK Noodle House. It was lardy lard taste so I ate 2 packs of pickled green chilies with the noodles in order not to be satiated too early. Now I understand why they gave 3 packs of pickled green chilies when there is only one pack of noodles.

 Bought large Mee pok dry and large Bien Nulk to be shared by 2 pax for lunch. Total bill is MYR 19 nett (MYR 9.50 nett each).

 Breakfast at 11 am on 7 May 2020 Thursday d 51. Fried egg, bread and tomatoes. Good enough.

Followed immediately by one portion of banana cake as per schedule to clear. Didn't eat any honey butter biscuits, cheddar Bay  biscuits, Texas tenders so they are falling behind schedule. Maybe eat two items tomorrow to catch up.

16 comments:

  1. I usually take bananas but I've run out, not about to go out to the shops again...just yet so I'll just eat more vegetables instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, eat more vegetables will do as well.

      Delete
  2. A lot of food line up to be eaten by you, hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I must start clearing fast.

      Delete
  3. I hate that apple pen song. LOL! Oh dear, you got the wrong order. I hope the other person checks their order. The green bananas should ripen within a few days. But I have experienced green bananas that don't ripe at all. So had to throw when it went bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I also cannot stand that song. Oh, the other person would not get the wrong order if they give their car plate number. I didn't give mine. I not only got the wrong order but paid for it and kept it as well.lolx! Waiting for the bananas to ripen. Gave another bunch away.

      Delete
  4. Wow. That is a lot of fruits!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, they should have checked the car plate first... I went out this morning to get a bunch of bananas too.. I thought I would make another small cake if I could not finish the bananas in time.. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't give them my car plate number! Lolx!

      Delete
  6. Very fresh fruits. I need to finished the fruits in my fridge first. If I go to the supermarket, I will be tempted to buy more fruits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not going to any supermarkets yet. Have not been to any supermarkets since 14 March 2020. Your friends are always giving you fruits so I doubt you can finished the fruits in your fridge. lolx!

      Delete
  7. Wow! You ordered a lot of fruits. I have phobia eating red apples now as I became picky after eating many brands that tasted like powdery textures. So I will take a good look before I buy or eat when served. I bet Fuji Apples taste good and nice! I am okay with green apples and all other fruits. I have this habit to wrap the banana stems with plastic tied with rubber bands or foil to extend its life span. I am sure you heard of this too and the banana won't turn black at all.

    I think I have seen that Mr Farmer's shop at Kuchai Lama area as I visited Nirvana Memorial very often. LOL I will drop by next time to take a look inside.

    One long time silent reader and another person told me that my reply to you about the Pope and I's theory was so enlightening and makes sense. They asked me to blog about it so that more people could give some thoughts in case they have doubts. I am thinking over now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, for red apples, if you want crunchy apple, you must just eat Organic French-grown apple - Juliet Apple. Guaranteed will be crunchy. Don't eat any other red apples. Luckily this Fuji apple is ok, crunchy and not powdery. No, I did not know about this way to extend the life span of bananas. Thanks for the tips. Why do you need to go visit that place often? Yes, it is near that area. It is good that your reply to my comment helped to enlighten people. Please do write about it in a post so that more people can be enlightened.

      Delete
  8. Maybe just chuck the tenders and biscuits into the freezer, then can forget about them for a while.

    Fruits look nice and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If forget means could be forget forever. That is why must finish eat, cannot waste food.

      Delete