Monday, May 11, 2020

Yummy D24 Durian Lava Cake

 Oh, what have we here. KFC, McD and Domino's sweet box dessert which is a small box when compared to KFC's standard size box.

 I didn't expect the D24 Durian Lava Cake to be inside a aluminum foil baking tub.

 I tried to take the cake out of the aluminum casing but the sides were sticking to the casing so the cake was pulled apart slightly and durian lava started to ooze out from within the cake. How am I supposed to eat it with liquid flowing out? So I put it into my freezer for one hour.

 After one hour in the freezer, I could flatten the sides of the casing as the cake does not stick to the casing anymore.

 Cut one quarter out and ate that. It is very rich with strong natural durian taste and salted egg yolk taste. It is something like the fillings of  lao sar bao with durian taste. I even find durian pulp in the cake. No cheese taste but that is just me with a high threshold for cheese taste. I like the rich durian taste so I may buy it again. After eating one quarter, I am satiated so I put it back into the fridge.

 You can use this coupon if you want to buy this delicious durian lava cake.

I ordered via Domino's hp app and as I just downloaded this app, it gives me a MYR 32.90 discount coupon which I used yesterday (10 May 2020 Sunday d54).


Two slices of Mozzarella cheese filled dough rim - my portion.

I ate the remaining 3 quarters of the durian lava cake the next day Monday 12 May 2020 d56 and realised that the bottom part of the fillings are pure durian pulp, the top part of the fillings taste like salted egg yolk gravy. The outer part of the cake itself tastes of a bit of cheese, very little cheese taste.

16 comments:

  1. Wht is tht thing u bought frm McD? So the durian lava cake passed ur taste test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it passed my taste test so you can buy to try too but need to chill it before eating unless you don't mind eating liquid lava. I bought family set from McD with many items. The McD food in the photo is nasi lemak. Will write about McD chocolate banana pie soon.

      Delete
    2. Ok thx for the review😀

      Delete
  2. I guess at times like this we do what we can, make do with what we have. I would insist on liquid lava though - would oose out slowly...like lava.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it is like drinking the lava, not like cake.

      Delete
  3. Finally you got to taste that D24 Durian Lava Cake. You were so smart to freeze it as I could possibly not think of that except to scoop with a spoon. It is quite pricey for just one piece but the taste passed your expectation, so it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, depends on what you compare it to. One smaller macaroon is already more than this price from laduree. You could drink the lava from the cake since it is so liquid.

      Delete
  4. During MCO, we have eaten KFC once because it is the nearest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm think I will pass on this. Not cheap and I think I will find it 'jelak'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever of you to put the durian lava cake in the freezer. I am very tempted to order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth eating if you like durian and salted egg yolk taste. I find it tastes better when chilled.

      Delete
  7. I feel it will taste better if chilled.

    ReplyDelete