Wednesday, June 17, 2020

BR Strawberry Rose

Finally, my spouse bought takeaway BR Strawberry Rose for me yesterday Tuesday 16 June 2020 d91 as I wanted to taste it after reading PH's article. As it is impossible to takeaway a single scoop of ice cream without it melting into sugar water when he reached home since we do not have a mini freezer in the car, he has to buy the smallest takeaway portion available which is 1 pint at MYR 33.50 nett.

After putting it in the freezer for a while, I ate some direct from the tub at about 2 pm. Overall, the ice cream is less sweet than the two Magnum ice creams mentioned here and also less sweet than the La Cremeria Summer Berries yogurt. I thought the cream coloured parts were vanilla flavoured ice cream but when I tasted it, I like the taste but it was not vanilla flavour. Later when reading the description, I only found out that it is cake flavoured - what exactly is cake flavoured? I guess it means butter cake flavoured maybe.

The pink parts are supposed to be rose flavoured ice cream but I did not detect any rose or any floral taste. I expected it to have a strong rose flavour, like those rose tea which are drinks made from soaking dried small rose buds in hot water but there is no rose taste at all. Definitely no rose syrup strong taste. I would say it tastes like those pink coloured parts of Wall's Neapolitan Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla Flavoured Ice Cream which is supposed to be strawberry.

As for the strawberry taste, it is found only when one eats those parts with the strawberry swirls. It is just like any sweet strawberry sauce or strawberry jam without the sour taste. Overall, I find the combined flavours of Strawberry Rose Ice cream to be pleasant and subtle, not strong at all, unlike those two Magnum ice creams. Quite easy to eat. I could have finished eating the whole one pint in one sitting if I did not stop myself.

After eating the BR ice cream, I ate the La Cremeria Summer Berries Yogurt from my freezer to compare the taste and the verdict is the Yogurt has very much stronger flavours and is sweeter than the BR ice cream and the Yogurt has a sourish taste whereas the BR ice cream is all sweet.

Tubs of ice creams at the BR shop.

Strawberry Rose - Cake flavoured ice cream tangled with rose-flavoured ice cream and swirled with a strawberry ribbon. The strawberry ribbon is the strawberry sauce/jam.

BR shop in Sri Petaling.

TK pandan layer cake is also requested due to reading about it from NuxV's article.

TK Pandan Layer Cake at MYR 11.80 nett.

3 layers of green pandan and 3 layers of cake.

The green layer is not jelly-like so this cake is not in the same category as the Klang Regent Pandan Layer cake and the Aeon Pandan Layer cake. I would say it is in the same category as the RT pastry Pandan Layer cake as the pandan layer is more like jam paste and not like jelly at all. Both of us prefer the RT pastry pandan layer cake as the flavours are stronger and the cake denser with thicker pandan layer jam paste and finer cake texure. For cake bakers, they can easily bake this cake at home I would say. As the cake is light and easy to eat, both of us finished eating it on the same day it was bought.

Two requests fulfilled.

10 am - I ate the carrots and old cucumber with skin from the big bone soup boiled on Monday 15 June 2020 d90 with 2 slices of bread for breakfast.

12 noon - two of us shared this kai si hor fun large portion at MYR 9.50 nett and add 6 prawns wanton so the total price is MYR 14.50 nett. Takeaway from this Homemade Fish Ball House eatery in Sri Petaling. I hope this eatery can stay open because the hor fun is very tasty.

My portion of the hor fun after it has soaked up all the soup making it even tastier.

Dine in 2 for him - Hokkien Mee with Mee Hoon at MYR 18.45 nett from Kim Lian Kee eatery in the Gardens Mall at 5.14 pm.

From the timestamp, it took only 10 minutes to eat this plate of noodles because payment is done after eating the food.

7.37 pm - I was very hungry and I think this slice of green tea swiss roll (MYR 1.80 nett) is best eaten within 3 days of purchase so it is time to eat it as I bought it on Sunday 14 June 2020 d89 so it is going to be 3 days. I like the taste of green tea but this green tea flavour taste like artificial green tea essence so I don't quite like it but I finished eating it because it is easy to eat. As for the raisin scone (MYR 2.20 nett), I ate half and put it back into the fridge. I would rank the scone the lowest when compared to all the scones that I have eaten before.

I bought 3 large green capsicums and 2 large red capsicums on Sunday 14 June 2020 d89 so I have to consistently eat some a day since my spouse does not like the taste of them unless thoroughly cooked. For Tuesday, I have forgotten to eat them so I ate half each at 9 pm after microwaving them at high for 1 minute.
Finished eating the raisin scone the next day. Sweet without any butter taste.

Bought promo - 2 packs of capsicums at MYR 8.99 nett when it was MYR 6.99 nett per pack on Sunday 14 June 2020 d89 so everyday need to diligently eat capsicums.

22 comments:

  1. I didn't know that there is a minimum purchase for RB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there isn't. U tried bringing a single scoop back home to eat?

      Delete
    2. I am baffled how you could read the above n misunderstood that there is a minimum purchase requirement. 🤦

      Delete
    3. Impossible to take away a single scoop of ice cream because that single scoop would have melted totally when he reached home unless we have a mini freezer in the car which we don't have. No minimum purchase rules by BR.

      Delete
  2. Dine out at the Gardens KLK? How's the crowd on weekday? He seems like a fast eater. Why u didnt eat hokkien mee? I hav doubt when buying green tea cakes coz some taste very artificial. I will jst enjoy it as tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I was told before 5.30 pm, no q to go into Jaya Grocer but after 5.30 pm got a fast moving short q of around 6 to 10 person. True about the green tea. I was working from home so didn't eat the Mee. Have you tried the pandan layered cake from RT Pastry before? RT Pastry has a branch in Sri Petaling.

      Delete
  3. I would enjoy the strawberry swirls in the ice cream. I saw magnum got ruby flavour ic selling at 711, maybe will buy and eat and review abt it. Stay tuned! At one time everybody is eating bak chang, now everybody is eating ice cream. Lol. Monkey see monkey eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Ruby flavour. Is it pomegranate flavour? Don't think we have it here. Can't wait to read about it. Hahahaha yes 🙈🙉🙊

      Delete
  4. I have not tried eating bread with soup before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soup tastes good especially when eaten with wholemeal bread.

      Delete
  5. No BR here. We liked the La Cremeria. I think I've tried TK cakes before. Hmmmm...maybe I'll go for Hokkien mee today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder y BR doesn't go over there. TK is more famous for their egg tarts than cakes. Enjoy your hokkien Mee!

      Delete
  6. I like strawberry ice cream, the other day I went to Inside Scoop and ordered it, better than BR because I feel BR is too sweet.. or maybe my taste buds have changed.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is surprising. I have eaten inside scoop ice cream and I feel that their ice cream is very, very, very sweet except for the Valrhona chocolate which the only one I can tahan the sweetness but then I also seldom eat BR ice cream. Used to eat their strawberry ice cream but now prefer IDC ice cream which I feel is more superior in ingredients used.

      Delete
  7. I take it that you enjoyed this Strawberry Rose flavor. Very nice of your spouse to buy for you. I am considering buying a pint of my favorite chocolate flavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ok though I prefer IDC musang king ice cream more. What is your favourite chocolate flavours? Hope you will write about it.

      Delete
  8. Even though I love ice creams, I try not to take too often because I need to watch my blood sugar level. Long time have eaten Hokkien Mee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also must watch my blood sugar level. Here also we didn't eat for a long time. that's why paying premium mall price to eat it. Lolx!

      Delete
  9. I'm only in Baskin Robbins on 31st of the month hehe.

    For now TK is my fav bakery as their products are cheaper and nicer compared to Lavender or the other bakeries in 1u. But would have to purposely drive there so I don't go too often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally the queue is long on 31st for BR to take advantage of the discounts. Have you tried RT pastry before? I think RT Pastry products taste a bit better and price is comparable.

      Delete
    2. RT is out of the way for me. I have tried before as there was an outlet near the hospital where I went for pregnancy checkups. SE is now 8yo which means I haven't had RT for about that time as well hehe.

      Delete
    3. Oh, so no RT near your place.

      Delete