Thursday, April 16, 2020

Walk for Bread

We are not supposed to go near our elderly folks to keep them safe during this stay-at-home time but they needed us to buy some prescription medications for them and they also requested us to buy them a loaf of bread and some groceries. To ensure their safety, we wore masks and passed the items to them through the gate without entering their house.

In order to buy them a loaf of bread and some groceries, I donned a mask and walked (follow PH's example to walk since we don't drive) to the nearest grocery store near my house. There were just two loaves of bread left so I bought both, one for them (gardenia chocolate raisin at MYR 4.50 nett) and one jumbo Gardenia white bread (MYR 3.55 nett) for us. Normally, I don't buy white bread but since these two are the only left, I bought them. Since I am in the small neighbourhood commercial area, I bought takeaway food for the whole day from one coffee shop and also for them.

Saturday 11 April 2020 (d25). Lunch - char siew and siew yuk rice from a neighbourhood coffee shop at MYR 8 a pack. Both of us shared this for lunch.

Shared this bittergourd pork mihun (MYR 6.50 nett) for breakfast. Bought this mihun from our usual breakfast coffee shop.

 Chicken Wine Mee Suah (MYR 13 nett) for dinner so reheating it for sharing by two pax.

My portion of dinner. The mee suah has turned into kuih which I enjoyed eating cos I like doughy food.

No more stomach to eat the century egg deep fried pork intestine congee (MYR 6.50 nett) so both of us shared it for dinner the next day (Sunday 12 April 2020 d26).

*** Bread, Bread, Bread ***

Monday 13 April 2020 d27. Eggs and bread for breakfast.

10.30 am My massimo wheat germ bread with egg.

1.30 pm. Not-my-lunch of roast pork from Boon Signature Roast Pork bought on 31 March 2020 Tuesday (d14) eaten with bread.

4.47 pm My early dinner of McD Fish Fillet burger bought 3 days ago on 10 April 2020 Friday (d24) with an added slice of massimo wheat germ bread.

*** Wednesday 15 April 2020 d29 ***

Yesterday I did not eat breakfast. At 12 noon I ate the last pack of large McD fries (of 3 large packs and 1 medium pack fries) from my fridge bought on  2 April 2020 Thursday (d16) which means that these fries have been in my fridge for 13 days.

After that at 12.30 noon, I ate the 2nd KFC chicken tender of 6 from my fridge with 2 slices of Massimo wheatgerm bread. These tenders have been in my fridge for 24 days since I bought them on Sunday 22 March 2020 (d5). Well there are 4 tenders left so one a day from today, I will finished eating the last one after it is in my fridge for 28 days. The flavours are still there but the texture is like jerky, still edible. I guess looking at how and what I eat, all of you must be counting your blessing that your meals are much, much better, right?

12.30 pm Not-My-Lunch of instant noodles with chicken flavour broth, char siew (15 days in the fridge) bought on 31 March 2020 (d14), little gem lettuce, and egg. Not-My-Breakfast is one Nam Heong egg tart, one Nam Heong chicken pastry and Reheated Nam Heong white coffee from yesterday at around 9 am.

7 pm, my dinner of milo and one slice of Gardenia wholemeal bread.

32 comments:

  1. Sometimes i eat better if my mom cooks or if i order food delivery but at times i just anyhow eat cos no choice plus lazy to dabao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyhow eat means eat biscuits or bread?

      Delete
    2. bread are main meals for some communities so it is ok to eat bread as main meals.

      Delete
  2. Wah!! I wanted to laugh or faint to read your leftovers that ranged from 3, 13, 24, 28 and 15 dayssss! I know they were still safe to eat them. My wife just cleared her own leftovers in the fridges and begged me to keep both fridges neat, tidy and near empty. What's a fridge for??

    Then she went to AEON and now the fridge is back to square one. LOLOL

    You are such a good daughter to bring grocery and medicine for your parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, your wife went to Aeon alone to restock her fridge. Did you drive another car there to shop together with her? Some couples do that I heard.

      Delete
    2. Ssshhhh!!! She forgot to bring her purse. So I had......

      Delete
    3. wah, got good reasons also!

      Delete
  3. The more I read your blog posts, the more idea I have on eating bread! I always have this fixed mindset that roti eat with planta and jam. Adoi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I see you are a planta fan. Long time I didn't eat planta.

      Delete
    2. No I don't buy Planta. The coffee shops used that. I use Show Brand because it doesn't get hard in the fridge. Now my wife banned me from buying saying it causes dementia. Adoi...

      Delete
  4. The char siew & roasted pork rice looks good. Is tht frm corner shop nearby Sweet Bean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, it is from Tim Won, opposite Fatty Mok Yong To Fu.

      Delete
  5. We just replenished our bread. Bought a loaf of gardenia white bread and a loaf of gardenia raspberry milk bread. I hardly eat bread so these are for my parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, the raspberry milk bread is quite sweet. So your parents like sweet bread.

      Delete
    2. they mix the milk bread with the white bread to balance the sweetness

      Delete
  6. I m ok to eat cold food but my parents will nag me and labelled me as weirdo if i eat savoury food kept for days without reheating especially meat, rice or soup. I told them my stomach is already warm enuff to reheat the digested food😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cold soup may be a bit oily and sometimes cold rice is as hard as stone. other than that is ok.

      Delete
    2. yea, true but I don't eat hardened rice or oily soup, so it depends on the situation

      Delete
    3. ya, depends on the condition of the cold food.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I'm not crazy about wholemeal but it was the only one on the shelf that day so I just grabbed it. More expensive, RM4 a loaf. Your siew yoke looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see that you have kept those meals for quite a few days and they were in good condition in the fridge. I am all right with keeping food for a few days. It is quite amazing that the fries were still edible after 13 days and the chicken tenders even after 28 days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Gardenia bread especially the butterscotch and chocolate raisin. Long time I didnt buy them.

    Both of you sure small eater. Good that you ration your food accordingly but store and reheat properly are important for cooked meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, must reheat properly to prevent food poisoning.

      Delete
  10. The roast pork looks delicious. You are a very small eater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, looking back I sure didn't eat a lot.

      Delete
  11. The old folks must have been so happy with what you brought them. These days small things also mean a lot.

    Haha your meals aren't bad la. Maybe a bit repetitive with the fast food only... hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they are happy to see the roast pork cs rice and congee.

      Delete