Monday, April 6, 2020

Hofu Ebi Cheek Salted Egg

Saturday 4 April 2020, Not-My-Breakfast of Coffee and open faced sandwich of roast pork on little gem lettuce.

My breakfast of the 2nd pack of yogood muesli with added pecans, walnuts and almonds in plain drinking water.

Chocolate coated biscuit - quite messy to eat. Taste like Apollo chocolate wafer.

I have not used online delivery apps before last weekend which was the time that I started using them. For lunch on Saturday 4 April 2020, I ordered 2 set meals from Fu Hao restaurant in Kuchai Lama at 12.40 noon and received the food at 1.30 pm which is super fast as the food need time to be cooked.

Ordered two set meals  which includes a drink each. Deep fried wat tan yingyong beef noodles at MYR 16.90 nett and sweet and sour pork rice at MYR 12.90 nett.

Contactless delivery so I put a blue box for them to put the food in. The plastic bag was tied tightly so it doesn't look tampered.

They gave too much gravy for the yingyong noodle.  We shared the ying yong (meehoon, horfun) for lunch and ate the sweet and sour pork rice as dinner. The two drinks are lohongo and chrysanthemum.

*** Sunday 5 April u 2020 ***

More food deliveries. This time I used Grab app to order the food. Similar to Food Panda, the food is packed by the restaurant and the bag is tied tightly.

The riders placed my orders neatly in the blue box. No more foc masks and sanitizer when order myBurgerLab.

From myBurgerlab, OUG. Ordered at 1137 and received the food at 1222. fast. The burgers are in my fridge as I ate other food as lunch and dinner.

Ordered food from Mama Cooking, Kuchai Lama at 11.48 am and received the food at 12.15 pm. How could it be so fast? Doesn't Char Kway Teow need time to be cooked? Great service by Grab riders.

We ate some pop corn chicken from myBurgerlab as snacks and kept the balance in the fridge. very tasty. Although it is chicken breast meat, it is tender.

For lunch, we share the petai char kway teow. Too many petai so we kept half of the petai in the fridge. For dinner, we shared the above nasi lemak ikan kembong. will definitely order food from Mama Cooking again.

*** Salted Egg Ebi Cheek ***

High Calcium!

Must eat immediately after opening.

What is Ebi Cheek?
Ebi Cheeks are the lower parts of the Shrimp Head which as super crispy and full of calcium.
I think they just mean that it is the shell at the lower parts of the head.
I did not take photos of them because it just looks like crisps. Taste fine, with salted egg yolk taste and crispy. Expensive snack at MYR 16.90 nett for 60g of crisps. No wonder the cashier kept repeating the price to me and asked me you sure you want to buy this at MYR 16.90 nett? She must have thought I did not know the price and would later ask for a refund to return it after paying.

Bought these to use up a piece of MYR 50 voucher.

18 comments:

  1. U bought this ebi cheek before MCO? I didnt knw Robinson got sell food/snacks....i only go thre to look for clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, bought way way before mco. The one in Gardens has a small section with very limited food.

      Delete
  2. The roast pork on the open sandwich looks gorgeous. I', rather wary about ordering food delivery. Guess I'm somewhat paranoid, all those hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this period or since beginning of time you are wary. Just discard the outer packaging and wipe the containers before eating.

      Delete
  3. Very good idea to put a box for the guys to put your deliveries in. I did not know that there is such a thing as ebi cheek snacks until I read it here. I see you have ordered from MyBurgerlab. Too bad no more free mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also dunno until i bought it. ya too bad no more foc masks.

      Delete
  4. Not so crazy about those salted egg yolk snack. Ebi cheek snack?? Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fast service might be due to less customers... or maybe some food are prepared earlier.. so just warming up before they are delivered out.. yesterday I ordered Texas chicken, it took them nearly 40 minutes to reach me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. char kway teow wor. don't think is prepared earlier la.

      Delete
  6. I would go for the sweet and sour pork rice. Robinsons food iems are somewhat like marks and spencers, premium and expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the exact brand ebi cheeks sold elsewhere in other places is also same high price. not robinsons fault.

      Delete
  7. Haven't been snacking during MCO. The 3 main meals keep my tummy filled. Great idea to place a box for the delivered food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i can see your 3 meals are very delicious and fillings.

      Delete
  8. I love your breakfast meals with muesli etc. Gives me innovative ideas to mix my cornflakes and milk.

    I also experienced too fast delivery by Grab guys. I know they always beat all the red lights as time is money to them nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Restaurants quite close so maybe that's why is fast.

      Delete
  9. How big does the ebi have to be to find its cheeks, and how many ebi is needed for one packet... hahaha.

    I prefer the "not-my-breakfast" to your breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one packet very little only lor. lolx!

      Hahaha, ya, u don't prefer muesli. lolx!

      Delete