Tuesday, April 14, 2020

DTF Bento Box

 Bento Box C from Din Tai Fung, Gardens Mall: pork chop, fried rice, 3 deep fried vege pork wanton, and 1 salted egg lava bao at MYR 36.99 nett.

Stir fry spinach and 8 prawns at MYR 33.60 nett.

 The Bento Box has a small tub of chili oil stuck to it.

 Both of us shared this meal so this is my portion. Taste good. The pork chop is marinated with 5 spice powder which I like.

4 prawns

 I use half a slice of bread to soak up the garlic "gravy" of the spinach.

 Deep fried vegetable pork wanton.

Lava bao. Next time I will put the lava bao into the fridge so that the fillings solidify to make it less messy to eat.

 Contactless delivery as usual. Please leave it in the blue box.

Order time: 10.40 am.
Received delivery: 11.30 am
Very fast delivery although I only paid MYR 1 nett for delivery via grabfood.

20 comments:

  1. Din Tai Fung serves very delicious dishes but quite pricey. It's like the Tim Ho Wan class.

    I bet you wore gloves or used fishing rod to pick up your contactless delivery into your house. Am I right???😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to eat Lava Bao very much when it's served piping hot. I will ask my chef to make them for my next guests. Lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, please ask your super chef to make.

      Delete
  3. I will like this meal of yours as i like pork chop and spinach. Garlic gravy sounds tasty. I miss eating lava bao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got Dtf in sg so you can order delivery.

      Delete
  4. Looks good but mighty expensive. Ah well, it's DTF, what to expect! I love those lava paos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy Chinese food! i prefer to eat lava bao when it is warm (not too hot). I will suck the custard first so that it dun flow out, then continue with eating the bun with less custard left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had lava pau today too! :)

    But I needed to steam it myself la because bought the frozen ones. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your freezer must be super big to keep all the frozen baos. I am tempted to buy but my freezer very small,cannot fit.

      Delete
  7. Pamper yourself during this MCO! That reminds me, I thought of ordering the nyonya kuehs again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, i need to go find nyonya kuih to order for delivery.

      Delete
  8. My eyes read too fast and I saw "DIY Bento Box" LOL! Not bad the DTF bento box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can diy a bento box yourself easily since you are a good chef.

      Delete
  9. I would like to taste the vegetable pork wanton.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faint at the prices. DTF prices have gone up so much, didn't use to cost an arm and a leg. I like the pork chop n fried rice combo best also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their bento box is attractive, good value for 💰 money.

      Delete