Sunday, April 26, 2020

Kim Wah Bak Chang Delivery

Before yesterday, I only buy food delivery via Grab or Food Panda but after I read that Claire would go through the Ipoh food delivery on fb to see what's new there before she goes to sleep, I thought to myself perhaps I should also do that, find food delivery around my area in fb and I did that yesterday (Saturday 25 April 2020 d39) and ended buying too much food. lolx!

When I read about the Bak Chang on TM's article, I did not think that MYR 6 nett for one is expensive because last year, when I bought Bak Chang in June 2019, the price is already MYR 7 nett but I wanted to eat Bak Chang but don't know where to get one delivered to me so when I saw this photo on fb, I immediately contacted the person to arrange to buy 10 and get them delivered directly to my doorstep. According to the fb post, these bak chang are sold at Golden Kim Wah, Damansara Kim. As I used Grab to pick up the dumplings and delivered them to me, the delivery fee is MYR 19 nett but it is worth it in my opinion.

For every purchase of 10 bak chang, the seller will give 1 nyonya dumpling foc. So I bought 6 salted egg bak chang (MYR 7.5 nett), 2 nyonya bak chang (MYR 7 nett) and 2 dried oysters bak chang (MYR 8 nett) and received 1 nyonya dumpling foc. I gave half away so I should have bought more because the bak chang is very tasty, not salty and with lean pork and a separate piece of pork fat which can be easily removed and the glutinous rice is not too soft.

Delivery 1: The above photo is copied from the seller's post. I did not take any photos of the 11 glutinous rice dumplings that I bought because I was too busy doing something else when one dumpling was being eaten and I took one bite to find that it is delicious. I will definitely buy again if stay-at-home is extended to end of May 2020.

Left: Crispy Apam - MYR 5 for 3 pieces. Very crispy with peanuts bits and sweet corns as fillings 
Right: Sweet Apam - MYR 10 for 8 pieces - very crispy too - taste like kuih kapit with coconut flakes as fillings. The coconut taste is very fragrant for this sweet apam.

Delivery 2: This seller will deliver Apam Balik to my area only on Saturday so when I read the fb post on late Friday night, it was too late to order so at 8 am yesterday morning, I quickly contacted the seller to ask if I could place a last minute order and luckily she agreed. So I was happy to received my 4 types of Apam Balik. The seller's father made these Apam Balik and he has a stall in a coffee shop in Pandan Perdana. I did not ask her what the coffee shop name is.

Thick Apam - MYR 2.50 per piece for peanut and sweet corns fillings, MYR 2.30 per piece for only peanut fillings.
My order which is 4 pieces thick apam peanut corn, 5 pieces thick apam peanut, crispy apam 6 pieces and sweet apam 8 pieces cost MYR 41.50 nett so delivery fees is waived for orders over MYR 40 nett. So tasty! So satisfying because I ate 3 crispy apam and 3 sweet apam at one go. Am going to give away the thick apam with peanut and corn fillings.

Delivery 3: I read about beepit in Stacy's article and then I saw IDC using beepit for order online and delivery and I saw Musang King ice cream so I bought over MYR 150 to get free delivery.

6 x 500 ml ice cream to last me till end of May 2020.

These are the flavours I selected: Musang King, Rum & Raisin (I have been looking for this flavour for a long, long time and Baskin Robbins, Hagen Daaz, Inside Scoop, Picolli Lotti - all of them do not have this flavour), Affogato, Triple Chocolate, Chocolate Salted Caramel Almond, Strawberry and Cream. Total price is MYR 163 nett. Indulgence! But I am giving away 3 of them.


Delivery 4: This lady is a home baker (Cakesbymiac) and the comments mentioned that her banana cakes are delicious. Since we love to eat banana cakes without any artificial flavours, I bought 2 loaves each - only banana at MYR 23 nett and banana with walnut and cranberries at MYR 28 nett for a total of MYR 102 nett so I get free delivery for my place is within 8 km of her place and I order more than 3 loaves of cakes. She has other items on her menu too. Next time I will order those items.
When I placed my orders, she was just baking this batch of banana loaves so I received my order in the evening when they are just fresh out of the oven. I am also giving away two loaves.

Looks so tasty!

So soft, no artificial flavours. Taste reminded us of the MalaiKo we love eating at Tim Ho Wan but with the lovely sweet fragrance of bananas. Will definitely order again from her.

Delivery 5: Kaya, Soft Buns, Hainanese Soft Bread and Kampung Eggs from this fb seller. Delivery above MYR 50 nett foc so I bought 6 x MYR 4.50 of Kaya (MYR 27 nett), 2 x MYR 3 of Soft Buns (MYR 6 nett), 2 loaves of Hainanese Soft Bread x MYR 5 = MYR 10 nett, and 1 tray of 30 Kampung Eggs = MYR 30 nett for a total of MYR 61 nett.  This fb seller is very dedicated, he delivered all the items to me in the drizzle. The kaya tastes so creamy, so coconut-ty, so pandan-ny, so egg-gy and so so sweet *gasp* and the big soft buns are so soft and fluffy - a far cry from those sprouted grain bread and wholemeal bread that I always eat. I am giving away half the kaya and bread.

Delivery 6: This is our shared lunch: 6 deep fried sui gao at MYR 7 nett and Siew Yoke dry Wanton noodles at MYR 9 nett. Foc delivery. This fb seller packed all the food in this convenient paper containers so it was easy to handle. The deep fried sui gao are still crispy when we received the meal.

I bought these food as well from the same fb seller during lunch to be eaten as dinner but ended up eating bak chang so they all went into the fridge: Dry curry chicken wanton mee (MYR 9 nett) and char siew rice (MYR 7 nett) so a total of MYR 32 nett.

I also ordered and paid for tomorrow's lunch from the same fb seller: Nasi Lemak Fried Chicken Thigh (10), Deep Fried Wanton (7), Siew Yuk Rice (9), and Dry chicken curry rice (9), total MYR 35 nett so I paid MYR 67 nett today via transfer because want to be contactless.

My portion of lunch.

I bought other food too that will be delivered the next day (Sunday 26 April 2020 d40):
Delivery 7: 12 pieces Pulut Tai Tai at MYR 10 nett and 2 bottles of Kaya at MYR 15 nett from this fb seller with MYR 5 delivery charges so the total is MYR 30 nett.
Delivery 8: 3 boxes of jelly at MYR 15 nett per box and 4 pieces of mini sausage puffs at MYR 5 nett from this fb seller with foc delivery for total amount above MYR 50 nett.
Delivery 9: Date of delivery is 4 May 2020. 500 g yam layered cake and 500 g pandan layered cake from the famous and original Regent Pandan Layer Cake House in Klang so it is MYR 32 x 2 = MYR 64 nett plus MYR 13 nett delivery fees for a total of MYR 77 nett. This group buy is posted here in fb - order has closed.

So when Yan is happily buying many clothes online, I just spent one day and bought too much food online. lolx! But I am giving away those that I won't be able to finish so it is ok to buy too much food to share.

Breakfast for two pax - 3 eggs omelette with mushrooms, corns, luncheon meat and spring onions. Topped with raw tomatoes slices.

My portion: I added one Cheddar Bay Biscuits, star fruits, guava and pineapple to the omelette. Very tasty!

22 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I was just thinking maybe I could go out today and grab some bak chang, store in the fridge to eat slowly. Wow!!! Salted egg, only RM4.50 here and I feel that's so expensive. No nyonya ones here, I love those the most!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get that Kapiti bag free? Eeeeeee....I would want to order too, too bad none here.

      Delete
    2. Hope you got the bak chang as you wish. I think the price also depends on the ingredients - this one has mushroom, pork, beans, salted egg yolk, chestnuts so it is MYR 7 nett. One bak chang on alternate days will be very satisfying.

      Delete
    3. yes, the kapiti cooler bag is part of the promo package of buy 3 tub x 500 ml ice cream and get 1 tub of 500 ml ice cream free.

      Delete
  2. Wow so many deliveries! U must be so busy goin out of the house car porch to collect them all the time...lol! Ur fridge mst be huge too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fridge is not huge so it is fully packed now. All contactless delivery put inside the blue box so I only need to be inside my car porch to take from the blue box.

      Delete
  3. This post really made me speechless to see what you have ordered. That's a lot but necessary now that the MCO has been extended. I know I miss that crispy Apam very much now. Probably need to ask my chef to make it as many people have made it at home.

    I always loved to eat fried omelette with luncheon meat and tomatoes very much. My wife has serious allergy attacks after eating eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so blessed to have a personal chef at home to fulfill your cravings. Of course your super chef can make crispy Apam with ease. Oh, apart from eggs, does she have any other allergies?

      Delete
    2. Her lists of food allergies are much longer than mine. She has been allergic to certain nuts & peanuts, certain tomatoes, eggs, duck, yam, pasta, gluten flour based and almost all seafood except lala and fishes with big scales only. Crazy, isn't it?

      Delete
    3. There is a famous doctor in tangkak well known for treating allergies. I wonder have u heard of him. People claim that he is very effective.

      Delete
  4. Now I am contented that my Bak Chang purchased is like normal priced now. A relative has asked my wife to make Nyonya Bak Chang to sell it together with their Tong Sui Desserts. They seem to be in serious talks right now to sell in PJ area now. My wife's Nyonya Bak Chang is really excellent and had been delivered to London last year by my sister. LOL

    I also love to eat Rum & Raisin ice cream and forgot about this flavour. This NZ's Kapiti brand is so rare. Do they sell in any supermarkets?

    I like that banana cake of yours with all the slices of bananas on top. The cake must be moist! I will share this with my wife for her next round baking. I still have 2 slices of her banana cake in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your Bak Chang is normal price. Your relative is correct, super tasty Nyonya Bak Chang must sell to let other people enjoy eating them in this stay-at-home sombre times. So do let me know once they start selling so that I can buy to support your wife's super tasty nyonya bak chang. Yes, NZ kapiti brand ice cream is sold in Jaya Grocer. Wah, so nice you still have 2 slices of banana cake to enjoy. You are truly blessed. Must be all the good work you have been doing helping hospice.

      Delete
    2. I seldom go to Jaya Grocer and will hunt for this Kapiti brand for sure. I am hoarding new brands now because Haagen Daaz is too costly when other cheaper brands can be delicious too.

      I will post in my blog once the Nyonya Bak Chang is up for orders. I casually told her to price them below RM7.00 and she agreed.

      Delete
    3. Wah, good. Higher price also I will buy to eat the best nyonya Chang made by your wife.

      Delete
  5. That is a lot of food! LOL! It's worth it, food is always worth it and you can also share it. Golden Kim Wah is right across from my office. I informed my partner and hint..hint... hee..hee... Quite good the food deliveries available posted on FB. I love apam but I only like the thick one, with peanut but without corn. You also got so many tubs of ice cream. I feel like I also want to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for your affirmation. Yes I shared almost half of everything with my friends nearby. Yes, your partner could go buy some Bak Changs for you to enjoy. They are tasty! I believe you can make thick apam yourself since you are a good cook and baker. Yes, yes, do go support IDC cos they are small businesses. Using beepit got cashback too for IDC so the next time you buy IDC you can use the cashback.

      Delete
  6. You ordered a lot of food through food delivery. I wanted to order our favourite bak chang but for the time being they are not making bak chang because the raw ingredients are expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you know how to make your own bak chang.

      Delete
  7. You are so resourceful to be able to find so many places to order bak change, fruits, etc online. I don't have to order online as there are bakeries and fruits stalls just downstairs my house. Looking at and reading how yan is shopping happily online, it reminds me that i need to get new pairs of jeans. I only left one jeans to wear as the rest had become loose. Lucky i bought my shoes and had my haircut before the CB. Banana cake, rum and raisin ice cream, all my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to Claire or else I would never think to go search in fb groups for delivery to my area. So convenient for you, so nice to be able to just go downstairs to buy home to eat. So time for you to shop happily online for jeans!

      Delete
  8. Oh my you have been very active indeed! Good thing you have the apam balik and home-made cake nearby.

    Delivery fees are high when buying small items so yeah what to do, gotta order more to make it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apam balik is not nearby, it is in Pandan Perdana, quite far from my place. Also it makes it more worth while for them to deliver. Imagine burning all the fuel for just one tiny thing.

      Delete