Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Sarawak Tomato Kway Teow CCF n Decades

*** Saturday 18 April 2020 d32 ***

 Tomato Kway Teow at long last. MYR 14.73 nett from SRK Noodle House. The kway teow has wok hei and taste the same as Wat Tan Hor except the egg gravy is replaced by tomato gravy - sweet and sourish which I like.

Dry mee pok at MYR 15.90 nett. I like the texture of the mee pok.

 12.30 noon, my share of mee pok so after eating this small portion, I was too full for tomato kway teow for lunch so have to keep the tomato kway teow for dinner.

 When I finally eat it at 4.45 pm, it has turned into almost kuih because the kway teow all stuck together but I like eating it this way, still very tasty but I was very full. Portion is too much for me, must share.

 Roast duck at MYR 52.89 nett. This is for the whole of next week. I was surprised to see roast duck on the menu of SRK noodle house when I was scrolling through the grab app for roast duck to order.

Total price is MYR 88.52 nett.

While waiting for the order from SRK noodle house to be delivered, my fingers went scrolling scrolling and press order to buy 2 sets of CCF which includes drinks from Decades, Happy Garden.  Upgraded one drink to tong sui by adding MYR 1 nett. Drink is lemon grass and Tong sui turned our to be red beans tong sui which I like.

 Both sets of ccf are the same except for a paper coffee cup that contains mushroom gravy with slices of mushrooms and slices of chicken meat. The drink, mushroom gravy, tong sui are well packed and didn't spill at all. I ate one piece of yam kuih before keeping my pack of ccf into the fridgefor the next day.

 A red bean bun at 11 am while waiting for lunch to be delivered.

Need to follow schedule to finish all tenders by Monday so ate one tender (4 of 6) at 5 pm dipped in mushroom gravy to finish it too.

 Packets from SRK noodle house. Order at 11 am and received at 11.45 am.

From Decades Cafe, order at 11.30 am, received at 11.50 am.

14 comments:

  1. I have nvr try tomato kway teow before...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can order via grab now from srk noodle house.

      Delete
  2. Did you heat up the kway teow before you eat it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, I did not heat up so the noodles all stuck together like a cake/kuih.

      Delete
  3. SRK Noodle House, owner from Miri, I think. Heard that kampua is on their menu...but maybe it will look nicer if eaten there. Tomato kway teow looks like it's all tomato sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there is Tomato Koay Teow in KL. I ate them in Kota Kinabalu and it was very good.

    I just realised today that you don't cook during this MCO period and ordered all meals. Do you cook often on other normal days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had enough of cooking when living in uk for about 3+ years so I don't cook when back but my spouse does cook at home so the kitchen is his.

      Delete
  5. Wah..from your description, I know I will like the tomato koay teow. I also like it when the koay teow becomes clumpy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there a SRK Noodles near you? Can buy using Grab to try.

      Delete
  6. I'd probably like the tomato kway teow as well. I've tried this style a few times but somehow the stall near my office didn't last long (and Go noodle doesn't have it any more).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know that Go Noodle used to have this. Never seen kway teow on their menu before. If there is a SRK Noodle House eatery near you, can check it is on Grab.

      Delete
  7. I will have to check out whether I can find roast duck in our area. Feel like eating duck tomorrow. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you find a nice roast duck around your area to help out the seller!

      Delete