Thursday, April 2, 2020

Fast Food Deliveries

For the past two weeks, I have been eating KFC chicken and McD Burgers for my meals. This is because on Sunday 22 March 2020 (d5), I ordered two large contactless deliveries from McD and KFC to last me till 31 March 2020 Tuesday (d14). From the photo, how many items can you spot?

I changed the soft drinks from McD to bottled drinking water but there is no option to do so for Kfc so the one can of black pepsi and one bottle of 1.5 liter of black pepsi is still in my fridge.

On the delivery day itself, we shared and finished eating the McD nasi lemak. The rice is very fragrant - full of coconut milk taste.

15 pieces of Kfc chicken original flavour to last us till 31 March 2020 Tuesday.

Pop corn chicken and Soy Garlic Drumette from KFC. 

Wedges and 6 crispy tenders.

This is the list of items ordered from KFC which we ate for nearly two weeks.

Total price is MYR 127.20 nett so it is about MYR 12.72 per day for 10 days.


This is the list of items ordered from McD which we ate for 4 days so it is about MYR 16 per day since the total is MYR 63.95 nett.

The delivery charges for KFC is lower by 70 cents. McDelivery service is very prompt, accurate tracking time given by the McDelivery hp app. I think I will order from them again since we need to stay at home longer. This is because I like the convenience of not having to cook.

20 comments:

  1. So far we do not have to call delivery, still happily cooking away. May do that when we get bored of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must have a very well stocked kitchen to have food including vegetables for 28 days to cook from home.

      Delete
  2. The only delivery I called was Papa Jone's last week

    ReplyDelete
  3. my parents would nag me if I order in bulk...Yes, it saves delivery costs, but they will keep complaining that I wasted the KFC chickens or burgers coz they are not eaten fresh! till now, I have no choice but to only eat freshly home-cooked food! I miss fast-food!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh? As in live chicken in the market slaughtered and immediately cooked? lolx! I order in bulk because I want to make it worthwhile for the rider to deliver it to me. Imagine ordering one burger and the rider needs to go all the way to your house to deliver it.

      Delete
  4. You have taken a very practical approach. One bulk delivery saves on delivery cost and reduces the number of contact. I am thinking of delivery next week too. Quite tired of cooking. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the delivery costs. I just don't like to wait for delivery. You are right about reducing the number of contact too.

      Delete
  5. I like the McD nasi lemak..yes, the nasi is fragrant and the sambal is super spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That was quite a order, can last for over a week.

    Alas. My man just had KFC in office today for lunch. Gee, not that I miss it. But it has been ages I had it. And my man never fancy KFC, he is more of McD guy. But cannot be choosy during this lockdown I guess. Usually he had heavy breakfast at home before off to work and come home after 2pm and have lunch. He only work from 9 to 2 nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would the chickens be fresh after so many days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Repeating what I wrote for NuxV. Fresh? As in live chicken in the market slaughtered and immediately cooked? lolx!

      Delete
  8. Looks yummy to me. I haven't ordered any food yet, with my personal chef (my maid) cooking away at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you go wet market buy food during mco?

      Delete
    2. Nope, unfortunately the market in my area is an outdoor one. I understand only those within buildings are allowed to operate during MCO. So it has been supermarket fare for me.

      Delete
    3. oic. how many times have u been to supermarket in mco?

      Delete
    4. 2 times Jaya Grocer and 1 time Speedmart. Quite enjoyed the trips actually... well I always did enjoy grocery shopping more than clothes shopping unlike most other ladies!

      Delete
    5. Wah, so nice! I have not been to any supermarkets since stay-at-home started so it has been 31 days of no supermarkets. So sad cos I like grocery shopping at supermarkets!

      Delete