Friday, April 17, 2020

Suhun Instant Green Bean Vermicelli

Tuesday 14 April 2020 d28 - Not-my-breakfast of suhun (which soaked up all the miso broth), little gem lettuce and 5 (cooked from frozen) sui gao. The suhun is thicker than tong hoon (glass noodles) and more springy so have to cook it longer in order for it to be softer.

Bought this A1 brand of Suhun (Instant Green Bean vermicelli) from the neighbourhood sundry shop on Saturday 11 April 2020 d25 for not sure how much because they did not give me a breakdown receipt although they accept credit card payments. From online store, the price is MYR 6.80 nett for one pack.

*** Thursday 16 April 2020 d30 (d2 of restart2) ***

9 am. My breakfast of one Nam Heong Chicken pastry cold from the fridge bought on Tuesday 14 April 2020 (d28) so it is 2 days old.

Although it is cold, the pastry is still very light and crispy until the crumbs flew everywhere. It is sweeter than savoury and the chicken meat fillings inside are quite chunky pieces so quite good.

9.10 am - Not-my-breakfast of Pepper Soup Pork Mee Hoon - MYR 7 nett bought from our neighbourhood coffee shop yesterday morning. I just ate a slice of liver, pork and stomach.

12.48 noon - We shared this lunch noodles with braised egg and pork - MYR 8 nett bought from Million Ocean coffee shop this morning. It is not very salty but the salty level is over what I prefer so I think I won't buy this again.

My share. I added in a brinjal with fish paste and a bitter gourd bought from Fatty Mok YongToFu. We (One of us went to buy because he drives while I stayed home) paid for 2 bittergourd ytf, 1 brinjal ytf, 2 crispy bean curd rolls and 2 tofu ytf at MYR 1.60 each and one big pack of rice at MYR 1.60 so the total is MYR 12.80 nett. Did not check so when reached home, it was found that they miss out the 2 tofu ytf. Oh well, next time must remember to check but then wearing a mask is not that comfortable so want to quickly get home to safety.

18 comments:

  1. Aiseh....miss out 2 tofu...so sad...thx for update on the ytf price. It has been years since my last visit to Fatty Mok. Hmmm...i m tinking of goin there one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wah, so late you haven't sleep yet. you are welcome! next round when you need to move your car you can drive to fatty mok.

      Delete
  2. I buy A! bihun all the time, made in Thailand, anytime nicer than the China ones - the smell puts me off. Have not seen this suhun here, would love to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to buy A1 mihun too but no stock so bought this A1 suhun.

      Delete
  3. This post is hilarious to see your recorded meal time at 9.10am and 12.48 noon!!! You seem to have OCD symptoms and a perfectionist. Relax ma'am.

    This suhun is very new to me and I am curious enough to try it. You enjoy much more food variety than anyone else I know. Kudos Mun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha, ya i need to relax cos i think it is the start of the end of the world now.

      Delete
  4. You do like little gem lettuce. :)

    Yeah wearing a mask is not comfortable. Feels good to be able to whip it off once back in the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. little gem lettuce is ez to wash and cook but not done by me lah. very hot when wearing masks.

      Delete
  5. Noodles day all the way! I think I prefer noodles over rice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The noodles look good and so is the chicken pastry. I too find the mask very uncomfortable and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a packet of green bean vermicelli somewhere in my pantry. Must take it out to cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, cook it when water resumes. cook longer if u prefer softer.

      Delete
  8. I also find wearing warm and unable to breathe but no choice at the moment, havw to get used to it.

    ReplyDelete