Tuesday, April 28, 2020

TeoChew Png Kueh Delivery


I have not eaten this savoury TeoChew Png Kueh before so when I saw that a lady is organising a group buy for this kueh on fb, I quickly ordered 2 sets of 6 kueh at MYR 13.80 each so each kueh is MYR 2.30 nett. The minimum order is 2 kueh at MYR 5 nett and the delivery fee is MYR 10 nett. I received them yesterday (Monday 27 April 2020 d41).

It seems that the lady contacted an old lady who will only make this kueh if there are orders for 100 pieces so that is why a group buy is necessary. So I won't know where to buy this kueh from.

I did not expect it to be this big - it is as big as my palm.

It is soft and tasty. The fillings are glutinous rice, peanuts, celery leaf, dried shrimp and I detected mushrooms inside.

On the right is that piece of mushroom. Those who loves to eat soft glutinous rice would love to eat this kueh.

I also bought 10 bak chang at MYR 6.80 nett each. The glutinous rice is darker when compared to the ones I bought from Kim Wah so it is more salty. I prefer Kim Wah bak chang to this one because it is less salty.

12 kuehs and 10 bakchangs.

Contactless delivery as before. Payment is via transfer.

Shared this breakfast on Monday 27 April 2020 d41. This curry chicken wanton noodles are from Saturday 25 April 2020 d39. We added the fried eggs.

My portion which I added pineapple.

*** Sunday 26 April 2020 d40 ***

Pulut Tai Tai and Kaya was delivered on Sunday 26 April 2020 d40. 12 pieces Pulut Tai Tai at MYR 10 nett and 2 bottles of Kaya at MYR 15 nett with MYR 5 delivery charges so the total is MYR 30 nett. We gave one set away.

The glutinous rice is soft and lemak and the kaya is eggy and sweet with full pandan and coconut fragrance.

Lunch was from the same fb seller on Saturday Delivery 6. Nasi Lemak deep fried chicken thigh at MYR 10 nett. Deep fried wanton at MYR 7 nett. Curry chicken rice at MYR 9 nett.

My portion.

This is from Delivery 8 fb seller. 3 boxes of jelly at MYR 15 nett each. The delivery man miss out the 4 mini sausage puffs but I did not want a refund of MYR 5 nett so I requested for them to be included in my next order since I will be ordering jelly again.

1. Pandan, Coconut, Gula Melaka Jelly. 2. Mango and Coconut Jelly. 3. Longan and Soy milk Jelly. I was asked if I am still a kid to want to eat jelly when they can be easily made at home. lolx! Tastes good! I felt like eating jelly when I saw Nancy's delicious agar-agar / jelly. I am just too lazy to cook the jelly on the stove and make them. Just buy them to support the economy a bit.

Now to frighten all of you with the sight of my messy fridge since TM showed his and hers very neat and tidy fridges and asked what's in your fridge. My fridge says volume is 418L so it is quite small. The freezer portion is at the bottom. Did you all get a heart attack just looking at my fridge? Shocking! lolx!


34 comments:

  1. I almost get a heart attack with a messy fridge! I dont know where to start when i want to look for something...😥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, my fridge is so so messy, right? But I know where everything is because I kept them there. How about your fridge?

      Delete
    2. my fridge....ahemm….not much fancy food and stuffs becoz we only stock up for a few days. Max is one week.

      Delete
    3. Wah, so your head of household goes to shop for groceries to stock up your fridge every week?

      Delete
  2. Oh me oh my!!! I have a pic of my freezer in my post today, what a coincidence. Ooooo....I love everything that you had! I think I'd play it safe, not going to buy any nasi lemak...nor all the things they are selling right now for Puasa Month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, what a coincidence! The raw meat are so neatly stored in your freezer compared to my messy fridge. My nasi lemak is from a shop selling wanton Mee char siew so you could buy from a shop that is selling nasi lemak with pork curry.

      Delete
  3. I love Teochew Png kueh and glutinous dumplings. I tasted the ones in Bagan Datoh and don't know where else to get tasty png kueh. Before MCO, my fridge quite neat. But now my fridge is filled with all kinds of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so can get tasty teochew png in Bagan datoh. Thanks for the info. Hehehehe, will u be showing us your fridge? :)

      Delete
  4. Those desserts are so salivating! Don't worry, your fridge looks pretty similar to mine.. hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe, so you like to eat desserts too. Oh, is it? Do show us your fridge if you don't mind. :D

      Delete
  5. I tried this png kuih recently after some people posted about it on FB. Not really my cup of tea. Like angku with glutinous rice filling.

    The jelly looks nice. Not so easy to make various layers and flavours even if you want to go cook something on the stove.

    So is your fridge normally so full?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you buy it? This one I bought the skin doesn't feel like angku skin at all. It is very light so I think you should try this before deciding it isn't your cup of tea. This teochew png skin is so light that it feels like non existent. I can only taste the savoury glutinous rice fillings with har Mai taste.

      It is not so full before this stay-at-home time. You must have a super big fridge at home that is neatly packed with groceries.

      Delete
    2. Yes, the layered jelly is quite tedious to make because need to wait for one layer to set before pouring another layer on top. That is one idea for you to make layered jellies with SE and JE. I am sure that they would love this layered jellies making activity.

      Delete
    3. The png kuih I saw it in my morning market. I'd rather have loh mai kai or bakchang if I want to eat glutinous rice.

      I have two fridges haha. New one was to replace the older leaking one, which was to be kept till its contents were cleared. Somehow that never happened and also somehow it stopped leaking.

      Hmm not much patience to go for the layered jelly. JE and SE are happy enough with the milo-flavoured ones they make with our maid.

      Delete
    4. Wah, the png kuih is a regular kuih sold in your morning market - so nice! Good that you have two fridges. Ya since the old one stopped leaking, just continue to use it. Oh, so JE and SE make milo agar agar. I have not tasted milo agar agar before.

      Delete
  6. hahahahaha!!! You gave me a good laugh early this morning! I thought my fridge was bad but yours is worse hee..hee.. But it is understandable under the circumstances. We need the supplies/food!

    I have never eaten Teo Chew Png Kueh but from your description I think I will like it as the filling is savory.

    The jellies you bought look very attractive. I am sure all of them taste very nice.

    Did I see a bottle of olive oil and also coffee in your fridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, glad that you are entertained by the fridge. So now you know your fridge is ok. Will you be writing about your fridge too? It seems like TM knows where to buy this TeoChew Png but must be authentic else it won't taste good so if he manages to buy the TeoChew Png then we will know where to buy them from too because I don't know where the fb lady group buy this one. Yes, the jellies taste very nice - all real taste, no added flavouring. I am sure you can make layered jellies with ease too. Yes, you are right, there is a bottle of olive oil and coffee in the pockets on the fridge door. What else can you see? hehehehe. :D

      Delete
  7. Oh, good that you finally get to try this teochew png kueh, when i posted abt it last time you said you hv not eaten before, it is very tasty as the filling is savory. Fry and eat with chili even more seda yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember you said it is very tasty so that is why I bought 12 to try. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Maybe i should blog abt my fridge too? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a Teochew and didn't know this Png Kueh is from my clan.. I saw it few times but didn't try them. Now you are luring me to hunt it from Yong Lian tomorrow! I believe I will love it from your description photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please write about it so that we know where to buy TeoChew Png because I like the taste! Very nice!

      Delete
  10. I am really a Monkey See, Monkey Do person. Today I drove to Kim Wah Restaurant just to buy their 2 types of Bak Chang! Unbelievable me! That's because you paid Grab to collect from so far. I knew I must try it since it's in my neighborhood.

    I nearly had heart attack when a lady without mask stared at me there. She was buying Wan Tan Mee. OMG!! It's Ah Hong Chee!! Then I remembered she doesn't drive unless her lahling hid her in the car boot to go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim Wah has 3 types of Bak Change. So have you eaten them yet? Ah, you are joking, I am sure PH is obediently duduk diam diam di rumah with her Girl Girl.

      Delete
    2. A lot of monkey see monkey do/eat people here, i am one of them. Lolx!

      Delete
  11. I was giggling about your fridge. My wife would kill me each time I messed the kitchen, fridge or wardrobe. Your fridge is still okay since you can remember every item and location because you even know the dates you bought them.

    Now I am not sure whether to blog about how an OCD arranges my wardrobe. I cannot believe it myself. The readers might roll on the floor laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying my fridge is still okay. I am trying to clear the food inside now. Please write about your wardrobe. In this stay-at-home time, this is worth reading. :D

      Delete