Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Shrimps for two

My friend and I love to eat shrimps so we wanted to order "Shrimper's Heaven" at MYR65.90++ (10% service charge and 6% GST  = MYR76.85 nett) which consists of Breaded Coconut Shrimp, Grilled Shrimp, Crisp Golden Shrimp and Tempura Shrimp with Fries served with dips such as Tangy Asian, Cajun Marmalade, and Zesty Cocktail but we were told that the breaded coconut shrimp is not available so this item is off the menu for that day. We were disappointed but we decided to go for other shrimp dishes. They have shrimps so I guess they ran out of coconut flakes to coat the shrimps.

Fried Shrimps - MYR40.90++ (MYR47.70 nett) served with a wedge of lemon, coleslaw, fries and two dips. I counted the shrimps. There were 14 shrimps so 7 for each of us.

Yin Yang Shrimp Salad - there are two selections: crispy wanton strips (MYR30.90++) or chicken (MYR26.90++). I am not sure why the chicken selection is cheaper. Is it because if we choose chicken, the chicken would replace the shrimps? We did not ask but chose crispy wanton strips at MYR36 nett. The grilled shrimps were tasty with a bit of smoked taste and there were strips of mango in this salad. Both of us share this salad as well.

Total bill is MYR66.95 nett which means about MYR33.50 nett for each of us. We were pleasantly surprise to see that there is a 20% discount (lunch promotion). My friend ordered a glass of warm water which was foc.

I have been to Bubba Gump at The Curve twice but not to this outlet at Sunway Pyramid.

Ah, we did not see this notice about the lunch promotion when we walked in. 20% off for lunch on Monday to Friday from 11 am to 5 pm. Hope to be back for the Shrimper's Heaven.

16 comments:

  1. I love shrimps especially fried and crispy! Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shrimps too, when it is fried till golden. Yum Yum

    Bubba Gump reminds me of the movie Forest Gump, wonder why the restaurant is named as Bubba Gump

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shrimps were big! I usually call such big ones prawns, shrimps is the name I would use to call the tiny ones. These days, prawns are so expensive, have to make do with the tiny shrimps. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the result of an online search: "Prawns have claws on three of their five pairs of legs, shrimp have claws on two of their five pairs of legs"

      Delete
  4. Haha Bubba gump cannot be running out of shrimp... it's like KFC running out of chicken.

    This company is a client of mine. I'm jealous that my colleague got to conduct training in an outlet where he could order anything from the menu for free, the whole day. My training was done in the head office which doesn't contain a single shrimp. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shrimps. Fried shrimps in particular. Hope you get to try the breaded coconut shrimps another day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you.. got discount during lunch time! I love shrimps too but now as I get "younger".. I must watch out the seafood intake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Though I am not really crazy over shrimps, you make me want to eat some. LOL! I must visit Bubba Gump one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I am crazy over shrimps so I must visit this place again, maybe the Curve branch.

      Delete
  8. Bubba Gump is one of my bosses punya favourite hangout. I love the food and we ordered like nobody's business! Of course boss paid la.
    Next time, I must call this plate with oceans of prawns! I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If boss is paying, then must order habis-habis! Hahaha!

      Delete