Monday, October 2, 2017

Must check fb

After reading PH's post on Pudu Chan Fatt Wanton Mee, I wanted to go and try the unique sweetish sauce of the wanton mee so together with 3 of my friends, we went there yesterday to find that it was closed for renovation. After reading the renovation notice on their closed shutter, I checked their fb page to see the same notice there. If I have checked their fb page before going to Uptown, I would have known about their renovation. The target date for re opening is 16 October 2017 (Mon). Hopefully they will not change their sauce to be the same as other eateries until I have a chance to try it.

As we were there early, we ate breakfast at another famous wanton mee eatery.

Dry wanton mee with pork trotters - MYR10 nett  - a bit spicy due to what I believe to be chili soy bean paste (tauchu chili). My friend prefers the pork trotters to be softer.

Soup wanton mee with char siew (BBQ pork) and wantons - MYR8 nett.

Chee Cheong Fun with pig skin - MYR5.90 nett. The curry gravy is very rich with coconut milk (santan). The texture of the chee cheong fun is soft and a bit sticky. They are not those firm and springy ones.

A very thick cup of white coffee - MYR3.80 nett - which is served in a roundish cup, not the usual green white kopitiam cup.

I ordered the yam cake (MYR3.80 nett) which was what I had on my previous visit. The total bill for 4 pax is MYR31.50 nett.

Current menu - page 1

Current menu - page 2

18 comments:

  1. You made me have craving for wanton mee hee hee, but I prefer it to be less spicy too, I can eat spicy but not too often, seldom see CCF in curry gravy in SG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For wanton mee, I like dry version

      Delete
    2. this wtm is not very spicy so I think you will ok.

      Delete
    3. nowadays I prefer the soup version because I don't quite like my food to have a lot of full flavoured sauce.

      Delete
  2. All bones, skin and tendon...just like what I had the other day. :( Post on that coming up in my blog, tomorrow, I think. Never seen chee cheong fun served this way - sure would love to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have sharp eye to see that there is very little meat. next time when in pj, can try this ccf served this way.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, I also had no idea they were closed for renovation. Hopefully you will get to try the wantan mee soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wanton noodle with pork trotters look good! I don't mind the spiciness and sourish taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ate what we often ate including the white coffee! It is the best white coffee and all my Singaporean guests loved this drink.
    Their bills are always reasonably priced for so much food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the white coffee is so rich and thick tasting so no wonder your guests love it.

      Delete
  6. The wanton soup with char siew looked delicious and comforting. I don't mind the dry noodle with pork trotter. I can accept a bit of spiciness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good enough. At least got pork hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are a true pork lover i guess. maybe you would be interested to watch okja (a netflix movie).

      Delete
    2. If I watch okja later I don't want to eat pork any more? :)

      I usually lunch with Malay colleagues so usually pork is out of the question. Not that I love pork, just that getting to eat it so rarely makes it more attractive.

      Delete
    3. work lunch you can eat at upeh then! :)

      Delete